British Update Please !

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As July comes to an end, I find myself checking Battlefront on a daily basis...how I love this sweet time before the release of a title that I know I will love...the exact same feeling as in the 80s when I waited for Microposes flight simulations (oh, the old gunship and f-19...how i loved it and the smell of the manual..)

As July comes to an end, I find myself checking Battlefront on a daily basis...how I love this sweet time before the release of a title that I know I will love...the exact same feeling as in the 80s when I waited for Microposes flight simulations (oh, the old gunship and f-19...how i loved it and the smell of the manual..)

Ahh those days, it took 3 hours to refresh the main page back then. All of the flash animations and banners were too much for the 300bps modem.

I can only assume Charles needed to take his Buick in for servicing. ;)

Maybe its my imagination (it most likely is), but the BFC guys don't seem as willing as they once were to exhaust themselves sprinting to the finish line. They nearly killed themselves getting the basegame out in in 2007 - I'm talking Herculean efforts. I can well imagine them agreeing afterwards to never go through that hell again. No more 20 hour workdays, 7 days a week.

I still think the announcement of the release date won't be until early next month. On the bright side, when the announcement of the release date actually arrives, then it won't be long time till the game actually comes out. :D

I still think the announcement of the release date won't be until early next month. On the bright side, when the announcement of the release date actually arrives, then it won't be long time till the game actually comes out. :D

I can't confirm this (there are things they don't tell the beta testers either!), but in the past they haven't given a release date. They've just released the module when it's ready.

Question: If the Patch is ready and the Module not, then why not release the patch? Or if its the other way around, vice versa?

Right now I'm only interested in the patch. Or is it the new version thats the hold up?

Anyway, when 2.0 arrives can I download it onto a Memory stick and then patch without going on line? This is important as I have no Internet access on my laptop right now and would like to be able to patch the gamne at least.

Keep in mind that the Module needs to work with any version of CMSF out there, including retail versions that are not published by us etc. This means that we need to take extra care when creating and testing the installers. To make the wait easier over the weekend we have just released the v1.20 demo, though :D

I think it would help everyone's sanity to get some official word. Even a negative would help, such as confirmation that neither the 1.20 patch nor the British module will be out before Monday at the earliest. I was misled by unsubstantiated rumors of imminent release, and I've been hitting F5 since this past Tuesday. It's getting tedious.

Please, some official word!

You never have to re-license when you patch, so you don't need to be online (although, even if you had to relicense you don't need online access on the PC where the game is installed, you can use the off-line procedure).

AH, so then I could actually get the Brit Mod from the one downloadable PC here. Cool.