British Update Please !

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are still British pixel people. Plans to scrap them and make them all Finnish were scrapped due to BFC not having confidence most people even knew what the voice actors should sound like. Plans are now on for Combat Mission: Pontikka and Koskenkorva, but not sure of its arrival due to its high alcohol content. This like all BFC products will be released after the bottle is empty.

hi can BFC please give us a update on the long awaited Bristish Module and will you be following the release system of manual online a few days before release or will it just be released without warning ?

thanks

paul

Yes, we're going to release the manual just ahead of the module. I've just about wrapped it up today actually and it goes into final proofreading now. There will be no pre-orders for the BF module, it's going to be a straight release.

• 2 weeks later...

First they have to release the feature/bug fix thread then we wait again. If I recall correctly that's what happened with the Marines module. Look for Tuesday at the earliest would be my best guesstimation. Hopefully I'll have to eat some crow today. But I doubt it.

I don't know why you guys torture yourselves this way. A week after its release you'll be crying about your favorite feature wish that didn't make it or some supposed bug and crying "why didn't they just hold it another week or two and test it properly, or maybe they would have had the time to add your wish if they had not rushed the thing to market for the money." I've seen all this self-generated hype a thousand times and it always comes out the same. Whether it's two days to two months it's always the same wawa.

-Pv-

I don't know why you guys torture yourselves this way. A week after its release you'll be crying about your favorite feature wish that didn't make it or some supposed bug and crying "why didn't they just hold it another week or two and test it properly, or maybe they would have had the time to add your wish if they had not rushed the thing to market for the money." I've seen all this self-generated hype a thousand times and it always comes out the same. Whether it's two days to two months it's always the same wawa.

-Pv-

Hi Pv,

I won't be. It's fun everytime I get a new toy. I cried once & I was very stupid about it. Not anymore. I am honestly looking forward to it & I'll read the experienced (A whole lot more than me) people's posts on the nuances & thoughts on the module. I learn a lot from that. I really don't feel they have rushed things from the posts I have read. I'm ready to play! :)

It's all in the element of surprise, dan. One of these days Steve will leap out of your front hall closet, in full uncon regalia, scream BOO!, and then present a shrink-wrapped copy of Brits to your surviving relatives. But he bides his time... yes...

Word to the wise: don't look in your front hall closet.