Voodoo3/PC Strangeness

I just ran into the bug still with the 1.07.00 official drivers and DX 7.0a. I think it took longer (4 turns of All or Nothing instead of the usual 1 or 2), but that may be just luck.

------------------

"Late evening turned to early morning as you sat with fists tightly gripped and thumb poised, anxiously awaiting the next cartridge of goodness. The hardcore gamer was born from nights such as these. Show your 'Roots.'" - The description of the Atari 2600 shirt on game-skins.com

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the new (1.006) V3 drivers had solved this problem but I've just had 2 white outs. the first after about 1:30 hrs of a TCP/IP game. The second occured 30 mins after the reboot in the final turn and I missed my 25pdrs brewing his only Panther thus wining the game for me. The screen was white but I heard the clang as it was hit. Very fustrating.

3DFX promised to look into this months ago. Have they come back at all with anything?

DX8 seems to have fixed it for me as well. In accord with 3dfx's instructions on installing the new drivers, I uninstalled the 3dfx tools, rebooted, installed DX8, rebooted, installed 1.07.00 drivers, rebooted.

After that, I played the last 20 turns of All or Nothing with full trees, transparent smoke and buildings (and there was a lot of smoke & burning stuff), at 1024x768. This is the configuration and scenario that was guaranteed to whiteout within 3 turns, but not even a hint of the whiteout bug this time. Yay!

------------------

"Late evening turned to early morning as you sat with fists tightly gripped and thumb poised, anxiously awaiting the next cartridge of goodness. The hardcore gamer was born from nights such as these. Show your 'Roots.'" - The description of the Atari 2600 shirt on game-skins.com