Problems installing all 3 CM games

I recently had my HD replaced and am now experiencing problems installing all 3 CM games.

With CMBO the install stops at the 41% mark. A box appears mid-screen with the header 'component transfer error'. In the box it lists WAV\0006130.WAV and 'Error: Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check). Click on the OK button (the only choice) and the game crashes to desktop.

CMBB appeared to have loaded all the way, at least according to the progress bar. However, at the very end I got the same error message as CMBO, although no WAV file was mentioned. No desktop Icon was created, nor is the game listed when navigating Start-All Programs. However, I was able to find and start the game by navigating into my C drive. What is even weirder is none of the stock scenarios/Ops show up, but I was able to get in a QB so the game appears to work correctly.

Finally, CMAK also appeared to install completely, with desktop icon and folder in the 'all programs' menu. The scenario folder is also full. Problem is when I try starting I get the error message: This application has failed to start because Openplay.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any help is appreciated.

The problem with CMBB appears to have been fixed now that I have patched it to 1.03. I can download and play from the depot. The original CD scenarios do not show up, but I had played the daylights out of these anyway, so its best I start looking for newer material.

i have lost CM CDs because of wear & tear as well. there are "no cd" patches on the net and as far as i know BFC hasn't opposed them aggressively (please delete this post if i am wrong). they will save your CDs for future installations because you no longer need to keep the CD in the drive to play the game.

you might want to buy a downloadable version instead though, because it will last "forever" and the game doesn't really cost that much.

No, this isn't CDV. I was part of the beta for CMAK so I got a free copy from BFC for my time.

I now got CMBO to work by downloading the 1.12 patch. Strangely, the CD still locks up at 41%, so I am still unable to d/l the full game. However, I am able to open the exec. that came with the patch, and from it I can access the game, editor (important!) and a couple of scenarios that I am guessing came with patch. Weird.

Anyway, 2 down, 1 to go.

Edit:

I spoke a bit too soon. It appears I can only play if the CD is in. Not the end of the world.

No, this isn't CDV. I was part of the beta for CMAK so I got a free copy from BFC for my time.

I now got CMBO to work by downloading the 1.12 patch. Strangely, the CD still locks up at 41%, so I am still unable to d/l the full game. However, I am able to open the exec. that came with the patch, and from it I can access the game, editor (important!) and a couple of scenarios that I am guessing came with patch. Weird.

Anyway, 2 down, 1 to go.

Edit:

I spoke a bit too soon. It appears I can only play if the CD is in. Not the end of the world.

You probably miss a couple of wave files and textures, too. The game starts without them.

How about replacing the broken CD drive?

I'm not too sure that is the culprit. Although having d/l problems with all 3 CM games would point in that direction, I was able to completely install Uncommon Valor as well as McAfee security suite without problem, plus CMBB works now that I patched it.