Is Vista part of an anti-CM conspiracy (with my wife)?

I've just purchased an HP Pavilion dv5 Notebook PC; X86-based PC with an Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz, 2534 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s), so the 'system info' tells me. It's got an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT graphics card with 512 MB. It came with Vista Home Premium OS.

I've just put CMAK on it and it is spastik! The graphics go to hell soon as I pan.

Is this some sort of Vista disaster or is it just too juiced to run CM properly?

Currently I'm guessing the former option. Would I be better off getting Vista shot in the head and installing XP instead? (Running CM, and soon Les Grognards, are the priorities!)

Cheers

Harry

CMAK has never been programmed to be compatible with Vista, an OS which came out several years after the release of CMAK and which deliberately broke with backwards compatibility of various components. As such, running CMAK on Vista PCs is iffy and is not officially supported at the moment. There are people who did get it to run though and I'm sure someone will be able to help you out.