How to take screenshot?

De Savage,

As FMB, above, mentioned, FRAPS is my screenshot utility of choice, as well. It is a free download. It gives you hotkeys to use to save a screenshot. Just pause CM where you want, hit your hotkey, then exit from CM and find the screenshot.

A few hints. FRAPS has to be running BEFORE you start CM. You need to set up your screenshot directory. FRAPS will create a default C:\FRAPS directory (I think), and dump everything there. It's up to you to add sub-directories if you want.

Once you have it all up and running, go find the screenie you made. Open it with Paint; mark it however you need to (arrows, narrative, whatever), then save it. If you plan on posting it, save it as a JPG type to save on bandwidth.

Now, you need to open an account with a graphics upload provider. I use photobucket. It's free and easy.

Upload your screenie to your newly created photobucket account.

Finally, come here, type what you want, go into photobucket and copy your IMG link and paste it here. When you submit your message, the pasted IMG link will automatically show your screenshot in the forum.

Straightforward? No, not really. It's not too difficult, it just takes a series of steps, each of which must be pre-planned.

Good luck.

Ken