campaign crashes after few minutes..

hi, i'm playing the semper fi syria (marines) campaign, first mission.

every time i load a save game of this campaign, i get a ctd after approx 10min...

??????

my specs

intel c2d @ 3,6 gig

hd 4870, 512 vram

4gig ram

vista, sp1

any ideas?

As I said, the problem is in Vista 64, not in the video card. Maybe after SP2 we need new drivers, or maybe the problem will be already solved. We will see soon.

BUT we have different brands of drivers, so I have an error message and you don't have it.

This seems possible, since the Vista problem seems to be related to the management of very fast multi core systems giving a lot of instructions to the graphic cards. Indeed a lot of applications with fast graphical processing are involved, not only CMSF.

Obviously maybe your problem is different; but I suggest you to install SP2 or the quickfix, just to be sure.

This seems possible, since the Vista problem seems to be related to the management of very fast multi core systems giving a lot of instructions to the graphic cards. Indeed a lot of applications with fast graphical processing are involved, not only CMSF.

Obviously maybe your problem is different; but I suggest you to install SP2 or the quickfix, just to be sure.

I have the problem and I have SP2 installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...