Red Wings Win 2009 Stanely Cup

MeatEtr

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if I liked hockey, the wings would be my team considering I am a UofM, Tigers and Lions fan. So go Wings I guess. I think I will start a Lions 2099 championship thread :)

I tried being a Lions fan myself, it was just too painful. Especially being at family gatherings for Thanksgiving every year and watching the Lions get slaughtered, year after year. :mad:

Thats not true, they win plenty of Turkey Day games.

I think it's true, but I guess it depends on what your definition of "plenty" is. Just checked their turkey day record, past decade they went 3-7. Honestly, that's slightly better than I thought it would be, so sad LOL. :D

Dont fool yourself, they were that way before he left. Just need an owner that gives a rats ass about them. You dont have any idea how long I have wanted Ford to go out of business so they will have to sell the Lions. And of course, every other car company will go out before them. Just my luck.

Ah well, can't win em all. As with the whole series, except game 5, a very tight and close game that went right down to the wire. I'm just glad it didn't come down to some lame call by the refs or a fluky goal. Good solid road game by the Pens.

In all honesty, kinda fitting as well. Last year the Wings were clearly the better team, not by much though. This year, Pens closed that gap and made it a very close series all the way through. Pretty much every game of the series either team could of won, not including game 5 of course.

And of course it was great to see Lemieux hoist the cup.

13penguins.600.jpg