Cant upload to repository

Arzok,

Disk is cheap as chips (about 0.5 cents per MB), bandwidth is not that expensive, IMO this is just BFC being bloody tightfisted!

I repeat that the 40Mb limit makes the repository UNFIT FOR PURPOSE where ToW is concerned, I certainly will not be posting beta3 of Bulldogs to it if I have to spend even more of my own (unpaid) time embelishing thier commercial site. After all who benefits from me doing this (not me), it's users through thier downloaded content & BFC through increased sales of their product.

300MB would be a more realistic limit for ToW uploads, that would fit most campaign uploads.

You can easily get around the 40 MB upload limit if you create a split RAR archive, and upload your mod(s) in parts.

bandwidth is not that expensive, IMO this is just BFC being bloody tightfisted!

The thing with opinions is that you can have one even if you're wrong :) Bandwidth is not that expensive (in fact, it's free) as long as you're privately serving files to a few friends. At the moment that your requirements grow to include tens of thousands of downloads, things change.

However, the 40 MB limit has nothing to do with bandwidth nor cost, but with stability. The bigger the uploads get the more problems start cropping up, and we have decided to start small, see how things go, and then improve the service over time based on actual experience. We should be able to increase the upload limits at some point as we've now finally ironed out the <40 MB kinks and the whole thing is running pretty stable now.

Martin