American reskin anyone???

Hello,

I was just wondering, has anyone reskinned the US trooper(or atleast the helmet)??? And if they're aren't any reskins, Is there anyone interested in reskinning the US trooper:)???

I really enjoy playing ToW, and I'd enjoy it even more if the US trooper skin was fixed...

Thank's

Skins for uniforms are very sadly lacking, just about every army could do with additional skins althogh IMO the lack of camo smocks for the SS is the most lacking. I do agree tho that it would be very nice if things like unit patches etc could be added to the US troops especially the paras!

Yeah, I would even be satisfied with just a reskin of the helmet for the US trooper(current one is to green as well as too grainy). But I've never modded for ToW, so I would't know how hard it is to change that...

How hard is it to edit the existing skins???

It's not that hard; it only require basic knowledge of photoshop or paintshop pro, plus the Nvidia plug-in and IMFviewer for converting the texture from DDS to TGA and back to DDS format once the texture have been edited.

This can be a good starting project for anyone willing to do some modding for ToW. Only basic knowledge of the files structure in the game and knowledge of how to extract data from the SFS files is needed (and such knowledge can be easily found on this forum).

• 1 year later...

Hi Knokke

I want to change the Uniform skins[TGA] and Head[TGA] but cant find the

relevant folder to open in Root file.

What would it be called?

I want to do 101st Airborne so I would appreciate any help.

I have the Patched Kalypso version.

Thanks

Keith:)

If i understood the question... For Tow1 in the filelist.txt ( for the extractor ) add these lines:

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_256.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_128.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_64.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_32.tga

The files are already in tga format .

In Tow 2 files are in dds

If i understood the question... For Tow1 in the filelist.txt ( for the extractor ) add these lines:

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_256.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_128.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_64.tga

models\Human\sk_0\usa\usa_paratrooper_summer\body_32.tga

The files are already in tga format .

In Tow 2 files are in dds

Hi prlugo

Thanks for quick reply Buddy.

I cant find filelist.txt in my TOW root folder,where would it be located?

Thanks

Keith

Download the sfs extractor from the battlefron repository(In tow1 or tow2 africa repository) . It's a zip file : extract all in mission editor directory. Always in mission editor directory create a new txt file ( filelist.txt ) , open it and add the four lines above.

Run the sfs extracor , fill the gaps tow mission editor directory and extract location ( this one should be your game main directory ). Close the extractor and re-open it. If all is correct you should see a file tree on the left of the extractor. Look for models\human\sk_0 ... etc Select only four tga files (attention) and extract ( tools -> extract ). the program creates models\human... directory with the files you need.