To all the hero's who contributed to CMMMODS

[...]

Whoa! Soap and water! (*) There's a windows mod manager that's the most elegant piece of software under the sun, I'm sure of it:

MCMMM.ZIP_thumb.JPG McMMM ... "Martin's Combat Mission Mod Manager".

Who is that Martin bloke anyhow? Someone should give him a medal ;)

GaJ

Yeah! McMMM is nice, almost as the Modder I was using on the Mac ages back. Anyway, the CMMOS is a very powerful tool I'm learning to use (thanks a lot MikeT!:)), and I appreciate very much the effort made for us all by all the programmers and testers for free! But again it can be improved a lot under the GUI and the programming... For McMMM I made a short go, but is seems not so well organized to let you change on the fly all the units and features, expecially for CMBO, where you have to change many things to conform to different national armies' scenarios...

OK then to upload all the stuff to your site GAJ: let me organize a bit all the archives I have around...:cool:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For McMMM I made a short go, but is seems not so well organized to let you change on the fly all the units and features, expecially for CMBO, where you have to change many things to conform to different national armies' scenarios...

In the case of CMMOS, this nice "organisation" put great demands on the mod authors to enable it.

McMMM took an opposite approach: make life easy for mod authors as well :)

Creating a mod that works with McMMM requires precisely zero effort on behalf of the mod author :)

McMMM has a feature - "Mod Sets" - that not only enables good organisation of groups of mods, it also lets you specify where to download them all from and will actually download them for you!.

You can read about it here

Unfortunately this feature was never really picked up by the community - I'm not really sure why not. Maybe I didn't publicise it well, or maybe it's too much work creating mod packs (like it was too much work creating CMMOS mods... hence the reason that ran out of steam).

GaJ

Interesting feature: sure I'll dig it some more...

I believe the main prob is about the organization of the GUI (user interface): i.e. in CMMOS the icons are still too small to understand what you're doing, there is no link to the preview or the mod-set as well, when you load the mods you cannot organize them in some useful manner (maybe folders, or just separator you can define and rename, etc); I believe if you can introduce these features on McMMM they would be very very useful, and a sure hit! Anyway you're doin' an excellent job!

Martin--all of a sudden late last night I encounter trouble uploading mods.

Out on the blue I got a message that I needed a newer Flash program to proceed. That was on my old desk top. I downloaded the latest version and that did not fix things--even after several reboots.

I tried my laptop and always received an error message.

Do you know what's up and can you provide any suggestions to resolve these issues?

I had some trouble with the service provider overnight - I wonder if that caused this (though I'm not sure how!)

The site seems to be working right now - you could try again.

You also could press control and shift while you press reload, which I _think_ causes it to reload everything (including the flash plugin it uses).

Let me know how you go...

I had some trouble with the service provider overnight - I wonder if that caused this (though I'm not sure how!)

The site seems to be working right now - you could try again.

You also could press control and shift while you press reload, which I _think_ causes it to reload everything (including the flash plugin it uses).

Let me know how you go...

What did not work still doesn't work. However, on my laptop I switched from Firefox to IE and have been able to upload using it.

Wow - something really broke there eh?

I'm really suspecting cookies at this point - if you can get firefox to clear all it's cookies this might help.

The only other way to try to solve it would be to get on line at the same time as me, try it out, and I can look for error messages in the logs (has to be done together because the logs don't last long).

Or we could just shrug our shoulders!

GaJ