To all the hero's who contributed to CMMMODS

Hi fellow gamers.

My name is nathangun, a member of the FGM CM Clan.

I'm sure you all have heard that CMMMODS is shutting down.

As a result, me and fellow members are down loading (saving) what we can and are asking anybody who had contributed to CMMMODS for their permission to upload any of their material.

Thanks to MikeyD, AndrewTF, Uncle Tgt, Gordon Molek and Juju who have given permission for their mods to be freely used and distributed.

There are a hell of a lot of mods out there where the designer has not given permission or does not state that he wouldnt mind his mods being uploaded to another site.

Hence this mail... if any designers read it can you please advise if it is ok for us to host your modifications and save your hard work.

Salute

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, a (hopefully) complete set of mods for CMBB and CMAK has been downloaded and will be distributed in a snowball system of mailed around DVDs or CDs.

I am the root in the U.S. (after the disks arrive) and I have slots open for people who are willing to copy and re-mail mods after they get disks from me.

I have not verified that the set I get is as complete as I think, but since it is from a reputable source I think it would be better if new rush downloading efforts concentrate on things that aren't in the CMBB and CMAK set.

We might also want to make an effort to bring mods that were pre-crash and never re-uploaded to CMMODs after restoration into the snowball system.

Feel free to copy and distribute anything, good or not so good, that I uploaded.

Keep in mind that I am not an artist. Anything I did was cobbled from someone elses work or images from the internet, in general, without explicit permission. My readme's give credit, where possible, to the original source. You may need to check with that source first.

Nathangun - you are free to distribute my few mods as you like.

Rewolf - been checking the files and have found three that did not download properly (there are others but in those cases you can see that I did download a second copy which was successful). So have a go yourself. I have downloaded them so can email them if necessary.

CMAK: TBM_ARDENNES, TBM_RGS_SNOW AND TBM_ RGS_RD_TD_SHB

Sent your package by airmail so it should not take too long.

cheers

@nathangun: Mine can be uploaded as well, but I'm planning on updating most of them with better quality content, so I'm not too sure how'd we go about that... depending on where you're planning to upload all the stuff, I'd upload mine myself for obvious reasons.

You can upload all my mods with the only restriction being that you may not charge anybody to download them. I know you aren't planning on charging anybody for the mods, but I want it on record that I do not want any of my mods uploaded to a site that will charge for them.

Yeah and its a tradition we would like to continue.

Its a slow process uploading these mods but here are some pics of the download area.

The first section allows you to choose which version of CM you wish to download from.

cm1.jpg

When you select which version you want... it opens this area which allows you to choose Maps, Mods or Scenarios.

cm2.jpg

Once selected (Mods) you can choose what type of mod your looking for.

cm3.jpg

And this opens up the mod area with a thumbnail of the mod.

cm4.jpg

There is also a general search function where you can type in a designer or unit you wish to see mods for.

You have to join FGM to view this section (much like CMMODS) so if anyone wants to lend a hand uploading give me a shout.

Hi fellow gamers.

My name is nathangun, a member of the FGM CM Clan.

I'm sure you all have heard that CMMMODS is shutting down.

As a result, me and fellow members are down loading (saving) what we can and are asking anybody who had contributed to CMMMODS for their permission to upload any of their material.

Thanks to MikeyD, AndrewTF, Uncle Tgt, Gordon Molek and Juju who have given permission for their mods to be freely used and distributed.

There are a hell of a lot of mods out there where the designer has not given permission or does not state that he wouldnt mind his mods being uploaded to another site.

Hence this mail... if any designers read it can you please advise if it is ok for us to host your modifications and save your hard work.

Salute

My few mods are under the name Corvid.

Please host them.

And enjoy them.