More Pie in the sky questions about CM2:Normandy

Through the fog of my NDA, I can tell you that one of the artists recently posted some screenshots that just make me want to sit down and simply look (stare?) at them in awe.

And at the same time, those screenshots have a few (very few) untextured elements that scream "Don't expose me, please!!!".

It is a dilemma.

Best regards,

Thomm

Picture or it didnt happen.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. I find it extremely depressing that with the not-so-far-off example of Hitler/Germany still before us, "the land of the free" opted to follow the same path so far as it did.

Michael

Mh, that reminds me on something. I once was in Wargaming club of US-Americans - as the only European. I had a dispute with some of the members about the US foreign policy, and one of them said that he put 100% confidence in their goverment and that they will always do the right. That was about Bush junior. Just made me crawlies...

Wonder what the rest of the world and future generations will be, or are calling, those americans that followed the bush/cheney crime family down the road to destruction, war crimes and torture? Just sayin'.....

Please keep the subject to the game. No one is really interested in your fallacious and disgraceful moral equivalency. Just sayin'...

Please keep the subject to the game. No one is really interested in your fallacious and disgraceful moral equivalency. Just sayin'...

Thank you for showing interest in my post, and congratualtions...starting to contemplate a subject is the first step in overcoming willful ignorance. I encourage you to continue down the path to knowledge. I also appreciate you sticking to the game subject and not attempting to engage in equivocation.

If you get bored again, may I suggest dumpster diving with Mord? :)

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, um, when is that Normandy game going to be released? How about some screenshots?

Thank you for showing interest in my post, and congratualtions...starting to contemplate a subject is the first step in overcoming willful ignorance.

Don't flatter yourself in thinking that your comments are anyway accurate, original or profound. I understand that you are probably now embarrassed to have made your original comments. You should be and let's leave it at that.

Must have been that Chinese food you dug out of the dumpster.

:D

Michael

One goes where the topic takes him...I can't help, if while there, I snack on a poo poo platter...then again, Chops in his attempt to sound oh, so socially sensitive and politically insightful was a form of poo poo in itself...an obvious outbreak of Liberal Tourettes...a contagion usually found around dumpsters...luckily I've been vaccinated.

Let's stick to the thread, OT and game and leave the disingenuous, progressive circle jerking where it belongs...on MSNBC.

Mord.

P.S. I got a thrill up my leg typing that!

We're busy with the final push for both Afghanistan and NATO. However, some screenshots from Normandy should be possible soon. As Thomm said, there are still a few things that need some textures.

We learned a VERY long time ago that too many people can't handle "works in progress" when it comes to screenshots, so we're quite careful to not release anything with obvious gaffs in it. For some reason a decent percentage of customers think a clearly identified "work in progress" shot is the same as what they will see when they buy the game.

And yes... let's stay on topic. I'd hate to be forced to kick people out for bad behavior on such a lovely summer day as this.

Steve

We're busy with the final push for both Afghanistan and NATO. However, some screenshots from Normandy should be possible soon.

How are we looking on Normandy by the way? Last date I heard thrown around was for around July (around Cobra to be exact). I am not looking for a commitment, just a general feel for where its at. Is it looking like it is going to slip into next year?

Thanks

Chad

Damn, why people are so stupid..I'm going to find this percentage and kick it out of the internet. Then we can admire those picturesque norman villages with the occasional stripped lampost or haystack. How about releasing some slighly photoshoped screens?? :)

Well, if you remember, we had a guy whining because one of the very first screen shots BFC ever showed for Normandy was of a Tiger, a very beautiful Tiger as a matter of fact. From this one pic he pretty much deducted the game would suck, BFC were sellouts and basically the end of the world as we know it...so I can understand the reluctance to show something that isn't near as nice.

Mord.

P.S. If you wanna start your crusade I can point you to a group of pathetic, bitter, petty teeth gnashers that could use a dose of reality and a reason to move on with their lives. Your work will be cut out for you!

Well, if you remember, we had a guy whining because one of the very first screen shots BFC ever showed for Normandy was of a Tiger, a very beautiful Tiger as a matter of fact. From this one pic he pretty much deducted the game would suck, BFC were sellouts and basically the end of the world as we know it...so I can understand the reluctance to show something that isn't near as nice

Oh, I remember. I initialy thought he was joking. But no... :rolleyes:

As requested.

In CM:N infantry still moves in single file:

normandy_picture.jpg

Buddy-aid is getting a bit more detailed:

medics_carlisle_normandy_1944_375.jpg

:D

No color yet?? Does this mean another 12 months BFC?!? :mad:

great to hear :) Now all we need is for somebody to re-do that Napoleonic CM version in win7 compatible code

oh, and while i have my wish book open, There was an old game called Great Naval Battles Vol 2 3 and 4 , that was the greatest ww2 naval game ever made, except it crashed constantly, and the company that developed it went under before they could get the new 3d version (Burning Steel was the Title) sorted out. It wouldnt even play, it just crashed immediately. Vol 1 was a waste of time, Vol 2 was the battle for Guadalcanal, vol 3 was the Med/Atlantic battles and Vol 4 was the rest of ww2 in the pacific. The games' concept was awesum, the programming, not so much

great to hear :) Now all we need is for somebody to re-do that Napoleonic CM version in win7 compatible code

oh, and while i have my wish book open, There was an old game called Great Naval Battles Vol 2 3 and 4 , that was the greatest ww2 naval game ever made, except it crashed constantly, and the company that developed it went under before they could get the new 3d version (Burning Steel was the Title) sorted out. It wouldnt even play, it just crashed immediately. Vol 1 was a waste of time, Vol 2 was the battle for Guadalcanal, vol 3 was the Med/Atlantic battles and Vol 4 was the rest of ww2 in the pacific. The games' concept was awesum, the programming, not so much

As said by Steve: there are more feature requests, improvements and new game suggestions for BFC then actual customers paying for their games...

There used to be a patch to make ingame script visable again, something to do with anti-aliasing makes all the data boxes in the game go unreadable pale coloured type. Does anybody know the name of this patch, is it still available? or is there a way to disable anti-aliasing in win7 for CM:AK and CM:BB version 1.04 ?

There used to be a patch to make ingame script visable again, something to do with anti-aliasing makes all the data boxes in the game go unreadable pale coloured type. Does anybody know the name of this patch, is it still available? or is there a way to disable anti-aliasing in win7 for CM:AK and CM:BB version 1.04 ?

Hi Nev, is this question related to CM Shock Force, or did you mean to post this in the CMx1 forums?