More Pie in the sky questions about CM2:Normandy

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a minor miscalculation and put a 500ft tall Sig 33 in game earlier, does that count? ;)

Oh sweet, Dan is posting, this must be a good sign. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does constitute as a very minor bone since we now know the sIG 33 150mm HE chucker is in-game. So how about posting a unit list for us Dan-the-man? :D

I feel confident (and excited!) enough to post a micro-bone:

I started preparing a "Beta Guide" to CMN, which is supposed to contain tons of reference material for creating scenarios, reference charts for the editor, background information, technical information about engine details, development screenshots, ...

I just finished browsing all posts on the beta forum for interesting contributions, so you guys will be as well-informed as possible upon release of the game.

After putting in one day of work I am now on page 27, so be prepared for some good reading! :)

Best regards,

Thomm

I feel confident (and excited!) enough to post a micro-bone:

I started preparing a "Beta Guide" to CMN, which is supposed to contain tons of reference material for creating scenarios, reference charts for the editor, background information, technical information about engine details, development screenshots, ...

I just finished browsing all posts on the beta forum for interesting contributions, so you guys will be as well-informed as possible upon release of the game.

After putting in one day of work I am now on page 27, so be prepared for some good reading! :)

Best regards,

Thomm

Sounds awesome. Keep going. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this does constitute as a very minor bone since we now know the sIG 33 150mm HE chucker is in-game. So how about posting a unit list for us Dan-the-man? :D

Hehe, one would assumed that to be a pretty safe bet ;) Youll have to ask Steve for the unit list, though we are still finalising things so I wouldnt expect one just yet!

Dan

Deutschland über alles , Michael. We don't take kindly to you gringos calling us Krauts.

I think it reasonable that the current generation of Germans would feel that they be exempted from that epithet. However, their ancestors who made the unfortunate choice of following Hitler down the road to disaster earned it and much worse besides. I would think long and hard about calling any casual German acquaintance a Kraut, but a closer friend might just find it amusing. Rather like 'gringo' or 'Anglo' in that respect.

Michael

It'll be a long time yet before people the world over finally leave off thinking, if only superficially, that any given German they meet is/was in some form or fashion a "Nazi".

Ignorance is far easier to retain (for generation after generation, no less) than to banish.

I think it reasonable that the current generation of Germans would feel that they be exempted from that epithet. However, their ancestors who made the unfortunate choice of following Hitler down the road to disaster earned it and much worse besides. I would think long and hard about calling any casual German acquaintance a Kraut, but a closer friend might just find it amusing. Rather like 'gringo' or 'Anglo' in that respect.

Michael

No worries Michael, since we are pals you can call me a Kraut. I will be happy to challenge you to a Peng on the battlefields of CM:Normandy...sometime in the future.

Wonder what the rest of the world and future generations will be, or are calling, those americans that followed the bush/cheney crime family down the road to destruction, war crimes and torture? Just sayin'.....

Wonder what the rest of the world and future generations will be, or are calling, those americans that followed the bush/cheney crime family down the road to destruction, war crimes and torture? Just sayin'.....

Agreed. I find it extremely depressing that with the not-so-far-off example of Hitler/Germany still before us, "the land of the free" opted to follow the same path so far as it did.

Michael

how about some screenshots and/or an update on CM:Normandy progress ?

Through the fog of my NDA, I can tell you that one of the artists recently posted some screenshots that just make me want to sit down and simply look (stare?) at them in awe.

And at the same time, those screenshots have a few (very few) untextured elements that scream "Don't expose me, please!!!".

It is a dilemma.

Best regards,

Thomm