Yeah! A new one

Got this amazing offer today. Not sure what my weekly take home will be but hopefully it will be enough to hold me over until that kind Nigerian gentleman can free up those funds.

I have all ready applied so don't any of you get the wise idea about trying to hone in on this cash cow.

'Greetin

I am Mrs Gina Jane ,Manager Of Good Grace Fabrics. We need a representative from USA /CANADA/PR who can be working for us as a Payment Officer.we receive Payments from clients in form of Money Orders and Check for which its always too expensive and stressful for me to come down and receive such payment so We decided to contact you.As a Payment Officer for the company all you have to do are below:

JOB DESCRIPTION

*. Recieve Documents/Payments in form of Check, Money Order

*. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage

*. Forward balance after deduction of percentage to the company.

Email back with the Info below

NAME

FULL ADDRESS(not p.o. box)

CITY

STATE

ZIP CODE

PHONE NUMBER

REPLY TO: goodgracefabrics@gmail.comGOOD GRACE FABRICS.'

Rats, I only rate Burkina-Faso...

From The Desk Of .Dr.Malik Ali. Bill And Exchange Manager.BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso.

West Africa.This is my private Number:+226 7649 7864

PLANE CRASH WEB SITE

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/index.html

Compliment Of The Season,

On a very good day. I am ( DR.MALIK ALI ) Manager Of BILL And Exchange in bank of africa (BOA).I got your contact from a Yahoo google Search.

When i was searching for a foreign partner i assured of your capability and reliability to champion this businees opportunity when i prayed to God or Allah about you.In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of $ 7 million U.S.A dollars ( SEVEN MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS U.S.A dollars Only) . In an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer MR.SALLA KHATIF who died along with his entire family on (friday december 25TH,2003 ) in a plane crash. Since we got information about his death,

we have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines, but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon this discovery that I and one official in my department now decided to make this businness proposal to you and release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we dont want this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.

The Banking law and guideline here stipulates that if such money remained unclamed after five years, the money will be transfered into the Bank treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in this business is occasioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner, and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner. We agree that 40% of this money will be for you as foreign partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10 % will be set aside for expenses incured during the business and 50 % would be for me, Therefore after I and my family will visit you in your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.

Therefore to enable the immediate trnansfer of this fund to you as arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relations or next of kin of the deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location where the money will be remitted.Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text of the application I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is hitch free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required arrangements have been made for the transfer.

Your Full Name.....................................?

Your Sex..............................................?

Your Age..............................................?

Your Country.........................................?

Marital Status.......................................?

Your Occupation...................................?

Your Personal Mobile/FaxN°..................?

You should contact me on my number +226 7649 7864.. immediately as soon as you receive this letter.And reply me with this E.MAIL ( dr.malik_ali@voila.fr ) immediately with those informations i need from you, for me to process the text of application for you to apply to the bank.

Yours faithfully,

Dr.Malik Ali

I like how he prayed to God or Allah. Makes me think he is trustworthy!

"Either one, I can't remember which."

Of course, he might mean that Allah means "God" to him. But then again, don't most people know enough to figure out what he means when he just says "Allah?" I think he prayed to one or the other and forgot which one specifically.

I got this one today:

Hi Sir,

I have a computer in which u see ur future r u interested for buy it.

Tony

Personally, I am suspicious because of all the spelling and grammar mistakes. I mean, this computer doesn't even have a spell checker?

Boy, you're dumb, what's wrong with you? Clearly, this man Tony has see the future and there is no call for spell checkers in it... :D

Boy, you're dumb, what's wrong with you? Clearly, this man Tony has see the future and there is no call for spell checkers in it... :D

You're probably right. I have seen the future, and it's not a place where I want to spend my vacations. I know that languages evolve, and that they tend to do so from the bottom up, socially speaking. But some of the directions I see English evolving in fill me with dread. If this is how we are going to be communicating, we are doomed.

Michael

I got this one today:

Hi Sir,

I have a computer in which u see ur future r u interested for buy it.

Tony

Personally, I am suspicious because of all the spelling and grammar mistakes. I mean, this computer doesn't even have a spell checker?

If his computer can see the future, why is he asking a question about what you are going to do? He should be telling you he saw you forking out for it....

Hello,

My name is Yuri Nikulin.

As Design Build Company’s top manager I am in charge of our performance control and further business development in the US.

I have reviewed your resume and believe you have a good chance to receive the position of a Financial Manager.

Please read below for more information about our company.

Main page: desbuildcompanysite.com

Business Licence: desbuildcompanysite.com/7.html

Our team: desbuildcompanysite.com/8.html

We may offer you U.S. Representative/Financial manager position.

For more information about current position please visit this page:

desbuildcompanysite.com/jobs.html

Please feel free to e-mail me.

Yours faithfully,

Personal Manager

Yuri Nikulin

Boy, is today my lucky day. I've just been told I'm the perfect match for the position of Financial Manager at the Design Build Company, based in Moscow. All I have to do is cash checks for them here in the US! My salary will be 5% of the payments I handle, so it'll be anywhere from $3000 to $5000 a month, and all for just 3 hours of work a week!

They have scans of their business license and incorporation papers, so it must be legit.

http://desbuildcompanysite.com/

This seems like a significant step up from the usual Nigerian MP looking for help. They have a website, and if you gave it a very cursory overview, you might think they're legit.

Boy, is today my lucky day. I've just been told I'm the perfect match for the position of Financial Manager at the Design Build Company, based in Moscow. All I have to do is cash checks for them here in the US! My salary will be 5% of the payments I handle, so it'll be anywhere from $3000 to $5000 a month, and all for just 3 hours of work a week!

They have scans of their business license and incorporation papers, so it must be legit.

http://desbuildcompanysite.com/

This seems like a significant step up from the usual Nigerian MP looking for help. They have a website, and if you gave it a very cursory overview, you might think they're legit.

I'm not sure if I get this one. Once you have cashed checks for them, what are you supposed to do with the cash, aside from keeping 5%? It smells like a money laundering scheme in reverse. Or is there an aspect that has not yet been revealed...like instead of real checks, you send them your account information so that the money can be wired to you directly, uhn-huh.

Michael

Or is there an aspect that has not yet been revealed...like instead of real checks, you send them your account information so that the money can be wired to you directly, uhn-huh.

I think it's the latter. I would act as their representative office in the US and receive payments from customers directly to my account, as "according to US law" US customers can't make international payments. I would thus give these guys my account info, and then wonder where all my money went the next day.

What struck me is how this is so much more insidious than the get rich quick schemes coming out of Africa, as by now, I certainly hope everyone dismisses them on sight. If you're looking for a job as I am, you'll check out the link, complete with descriptions of other available positions at the company, mission statements, galleries of random bits of architecture, etc., and you might just be suckered in. Certainly if they had put a little more into their web design, they could hook a lot of people. And boy, using a scheme like this at a time like this to scam job seekers is especially repugnant.

I think the bottom line is that if you receive an unsolicited job offer via email, you've got about a 99.999999% chance that it's bogus. Nobody reputable recruits via spam.

Well, thanks for that Buzz Killington from the District of Downer. :-)

Seriously, I had thought that this scam was that you would receive payments then turn around and send them money. By the time you realize that the check you cashed is bouncing higher than your office building, your check to the scammers is all ready cashed as well. A variation on this theme was hitting people subletting to college students, often students themselves.

Well, thanks for that Buzz Killington from the District of Downer. :-)

Seriously, I had thought that this scam was that you would receive payments then turn around and send them money. By the time you realize that the check you cashed is bouncing higher than your office building, your check to the scammers is all ready cashed as well. A variation on this theme was hitting people subletting to college students, often students themselves.

Yeah, that's how I understood it to work as well. They pay you with rubber, you pay them with good money and...you lose.

Wow, I'm having some week!

Dearest One

My name is Anna Robert 22yrs old girl, I am from Zimbabwe . It's my pleasure to contact you for a business venture, there is this Amount of money two Million and five hundred U.S Dollars ($2.5,000,000.00) which my late Father Mr.Kelvin Robert kept for me in a security company here in Abidjan Cote d'Lvoire in West Africa before he was assassinated by unknown persons because of his farm in Zimbabwe as my father was white and my mother is Black my mother was killed by the government, before my father was assassinated. Now, I am in Abidjan, since there is still political problem going in zimbabwe,exepically now our people are voteing,I have decided to invest these money in your country or anywhere safe enough outside this country for security purposes. I want you to help me to transfer this fund to your country for investment purposes as MY late father advice me as his only (child) to look for a partner abroad that can help me to invest this money If you can be of an assistance to me I will be pleased to offer you 20% Of the total fund as soon as I hear from you, I will lead you to the bank where my late father deposited this money and ask the bank to transfer the money to your account in your country so that I will join you there and further my education while you will handle the fund into a good business venture that will benefit me and your family, and as well promise me to bring me into your family as your own child. If your are ok with my proposal, This is the information抯 I need from you (1) Your Full name...................

(2) Your Full address................

(3) Your telephone/Fax Numbers.......

(4) Your Age/Occupation..............

I await your soonest response.

Extend my warmest

regards to your entire family.

Thank you and God bless you

Anna Robert

I have seen the future, and it's not a place where I want to spend my vacations. I know that languages evolve, and that they tend to do so from the bottom up, socially speaking. But some of the directions I see English evolving in fill me with dread. If this is how we are going to be communicating, we are doomed.

As much of a bastard language English* is, it's no surprise English is swiftly becoming the lingua franca of the world. (Of course, it helps that English is a de rigeur school subject in many countries where English is not an official language, and that the internet is tending to homogenize individuals various languages -- toward the English mean, that is.) For centuries, English has been borrowing/stealing words and phrases from numerous other languages, even languages which American and British English speakers wish their native tongue hadn't borrowed from. (As a parallel example, even almost a thousand years after the fact, Spaniards resent and tend to downplay or even deny the extent to which medieval Arabic influenced what is now Castillian Spanish.)

* Sorry, all you folks out there who blithely believe English to be a Latin-based language -- it's actually a Germanic one. =P

two Million and five hundred U.S Dollars ($2.5,000,000.00)

My late father told me to never trust anyone who can't write numbers/do math properly.

Seriously! What is that? "2.5" followed by a comma? What the heck does that mean?

Also, he told me never to trust anyone who writes in mostly incomprehensible run-on sentences.

I think this Anna Robert is up to no good!

Sorry, all you folks out there who blithely believe English to be a Latin-based language -- it's actually a Germanic one. =P

Well, it started out as one. Then around 1066 it was violently violated by Frenchified influences. And that's when the trouble began. Not that there weren't some nice touches that came with the package, but the language does have something of a split personality requiring for instance that the grammar has more exceptions than rules, making it a difficult language for non-native speakers to master. Apparently even more and more native speakers are not getting it either, to judge by what gets posted on the i-net.

Michael

In reference to the first post, how do identity theives use basic info like name and address? They could get this kind of information out of a phone book.

That's just the start of the relationship. What they are really after is your banking details, including passwords, authority to act etc. This wil be so that they can 'deposit' all those millions into your account.

URGENT NOTIFICATION!!!207.206.161.229

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr.Jochen Kruger. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter were returned undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Jochen Kruger made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Thirty Million, One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD$30, 100.000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his WILL. This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Engr. Jochen Kruger until his death was a member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of Electronic & Electrical Engineers. Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

You are advice to contact me with my personal email: barrister_marcusandesq@yahoo.com.hk

Await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

BARRISTER MARCUS ANDREEN ESQ.

PRINCIPAL PARTNERS: Barrister Aidan Walsh’s Markus

Wolfgang, Mr. John Marvey Esq., Mr. Jerry Smith Esq.