CMMODS shutting down...

Sorry I give up!

Norton thingy has just sent a message saying the emails I have sent so far have not been sent!

Between that, limit on file size and slow connection speed under 1Mb, this is turning into a bigger job than downloading the files in the first place.

Can I send you a Disc by Pony Express? Total file size is about 1Gb, so it would be just one DVD or two CDs.

Or do you want to download the files yourself as being quicker?

Let me know what you want to do.

cheers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it by printing off your list and then looking down it to identify the designers I could - UT (Uncle Tgt) MikeyD (?) Pat (???) and downloading them from the designers section. In that listing all the mods are listed alphabetically.

Then I found the missing dozen or so by using the search engine - cut and paste from your list into the engine and it brings up the file straight away.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

If you read the CMAK forum as well, you can see (here) that a replacement CMMODs site is now available.

Probably easiest if discussion is one one thread - that other one seems as good as any?

See you over there?

GaJ.

Text from the other thread:

Hi All,

The first phase of a "replacement CMMODs" is now available.

You can take a look here

The "first phase" is one where the site is accepting pre-existing CMMODs mods.

This is happening now, and upload is commencing. As soon as each mod is uploaded

it's available.

All the basic CMAK and CMBB mod data from CMMODs is loaded, so we can see what remains

to be uploaded.

CMBO and CMSF mod data, and also more details about all the mods (especially the "description" from the original author" - yay!) are on their way.

The next phase will be enabling uploading of new mods.

After that come feature's that you might want to suggest - seaching mods, arranging them, whatever else.

Most important point right now: this is early days, so if something looks like it might be broken, please let me know ASAP.

With respect to the "look" of the site, I just grabbed a basic framework that was easy, I'm totally open to making it look better if someone has concrete suggestions and can help with the CSS for it.