CMMODS shutting down...

Sounds like a very good plan. Good idea on contacting the owner! We might actually ge tthis thing going after all... but what's with the old CMHQ mods that never made it to CMMODS again after the crash? ;)

Well, as I said I tried the "complete dump" thing before. Let's see what happens.

We could call people to submit their downloaded CMHQ mods to the person on the top of the snowball DVD making process before mailing the stuff around.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I now have a complete file dump of the site for CMBB and CMAK plus index. I am happy to burn onto disk and send to one person.

Good man. I figure you did it without help such as plain file sight on the site?

How many DVDs are that?

I'll p.m. you my application.

I'd like 5 people in the U.S. to p.m. me for the first sets of disks I'll mail out after I receive mine from the U.K.

These 5 people are all expected to send out disks that you burn to more people.

Please indicate whether you can read DVDs or need CDs.

People who cannot read or cannot make DVDs should probably be put into a separate branch of the snowball system tree.

Discs will be on their way tomorrow 18th March.

For USA I have Redwolf

For UK Merkin Muffley and Phil Stanbridge

For Europe Earl Grey

Each set consists of a DVD with CMAK A-S files, a DVD with CMBB A-S files and another which contains CMAK and CMBB T-Z files plus an excel file which contains an index derived from the Cmmods "Newest Mods" listing. The files are exactly as I have downloaded them from the cmmods site, so they will match in with earlier material that you have downloaded.

This Index does not sort but by using the excel filter you can find all the 'winter mods', all the 'terrain mods' . all the 'King Tiger mods'. There are earlier listings I made for each nations mods as well which will help you identify files on the disc.

cheers

Discs will be on their way tomorrow 18th March.

For USA I have Redwolf

For UK Merkin Muffley and Phil Stanbridge

For Europe Earl Grey

Each set consists of a DVD with CMAK A-S files, a DVD with CMBB A-S files and another which contains CMAK and CMBB T-Z files plus an excel file which contains an index derived from the Cmmods "Newest Mods" listing. The files are exactly as I have downloaded them from the cmmods site, so they will match in with earlier material that you have downloaded.

This Index does not sort but by using the excel filter you can find all the 'winter mods', all the 'terrain mods' . all the 'King Tiger mods'. There are earlier listings I made for each nations mods as well which will help you identify files on the disc.

cheers

Kudos to you sir, that is very impressive and very helpful. I am still willing to paypal over a few quid as a little thankyou for your time.

I helped Astro Cat with a missing mod or two after the crash. If you are missing something I may have it, as i have been compiling CM x 1 mods for years. As the collection is quite large, it would be helpful to know when a mod is released, so I can limit my hunt for it to a couple of CDs.

I am just learning of this.

I, too, have downloaded my fair share from CMMODS, not once, but twice after a crash.

I maintain servers in my home, both HTML and FTP servers, and use but a tiny fraction of bandwidth I pay for. I am able to host a site and distribute the files.

There are a couple of wrinkles, not least of which is that I have been a constant lurker here.

I expect that before the files can be hosted on another machine, there's a lot of work. I'm willing to participate.

Standing with my hand up.

Scott Fraser

Calgary, Alberta

scott_fraser theusual shaw.ca

My plans so far involve:

1) mail disks around

2) bittorrent, and I mean the whole blob, with no selections

What we lack to make a website with finer graded selection is a full dump of the SQL database. I didn't have any luck to get in touch with COG, does anybody have contact?