some questions

hi

i bought the game 2-3 days ago.i played some standalone games.i want to ask some question :

1. i downloaded scenario editor but can't run tool.it says can't find game registry.

any ideas? sugestions?( windows xp sp3)

2. any map editor out ? or any future plan for editor ?(for making bigger maps than vanilla)

3. is limit total 20 players in a game ? can any mod be done for increasing limit if any?

4 how ai play game any good? (i played but just understanding main rules gameplay ...etc)

5. is ww2 mod still in development?

and last what is the purpose of deploying units everywhere ? isn't it like cheating i think there must be some limits for deploying zone like in wic bf ..anyway

thanks for your help and answers.

Posted by 532889

2. any map editor out ? or any future plan for editor ?(for making bigger maps than vanilla)

3. is limit total 20 players in a game ? can any mod be done for increasing limit if any?

4 how ai play game any good? (i played but just understanding main rules gameplay ...etc)

5. is ww2 mod still in development?

and last what is the purpose of deploying units everywhere ? isn't it like cheating i think there must be some limits for deploying zone like in wic bf ..anyway

Question 2:Yes, there is, IIRC (I never made any maps myself).

Question 3: No, the limit doesn't have to be 20 players, you can set the maximum yourself. But the number of people you can host is limited by your bandwidth.

Question 4: Let's just say that watching the AI battle on its own is like watching clowns box.

Question 5: Battlefront has been working on a WWII based successor to DT for a long time, but they've been completely quiet as of late.

As for your first question, I'm not much of a help in technical problems, but there are others here who are. They'll help you.

I don't have the map editor (it's windows-only and many users are on Linux/Mac,) but you CAN make maps "by hand." In a nutshell, you make a black-and-white .png image as a heightmap for the terrain, then get a .png terrain image to layer over it, then make an rgb .png with red, green, and blue representing different detail textures for close up. Then you make a .scenario file tying them all together, and adding objects like trees, rocks, water, etc. It's complicated but very fun. There's a great guide around here... http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=78165

As to your next 3 questions, 152's basically got it nailed.

About dropping "anywhere"- You can, technically drop a unit in any location on the map. The problem is that AA is long-range, easy to deploy, and brutal. It's almost never a good idea to drop in an area covered by AA. This makes it possible, using units like the Bacchus or AA towers, to make large swathes of the map "undeployable." This does limit where you can drop, and becomes an integral part of the game. If you take out AA, it's easy to advance quickly by dropping.

Hope this helps, and if you start going online with the full version soon, let us know!