Any news?

Hawk

Can we load in our own music to listen to?

No, sorry. You can turn-off the game-music, though, so that it doesn't interfere with music you're playing on a different application (iTunes, etc).

And, more importantly: Can you even give an estimate as to the release date?

We're sorting out the dates on the open-beta right now, and should let you know more about that soon.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to reiterate, not trying to be redundant, this game has simultaneous movement?

Describe the order(player's actions) sequence and unfolding play conclusions.

Yup. All players assign orders to their cities and units (simultaneously), and then, once everyone has submitted their turns, everything happens simultaneously.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to know that we're planning on having the open-beta next month. It should start sometime around September 13-15. What will the open-beta include? You'll be able to play single-player and multiplayer games against people over the internet. You'll also be able to access the map-editor, and play-around with the map-building tools. It's also completely free. We'll provide a download link for everyone.

Yup. All players assign orders to their cities and units (simultaneously), and then, once everyone has submitted their turns, everything happens simultaneously.

To add to what Brit said: the game takes the whole WeGo idea to the next level, too.

For example, you can submit your orders and if you are unhappy with them, you can unsubmit them again - at least for as long as not all other players have submitted theirs. You can see who has submitted theirs and who hasn't, and the last player that everyone else is waiting on also sees a little alert. Lastly, you can play with or without a timer.

A typical game can easily end up having several hundred turns, but the gameplay flow is very fast. In the upcoming AAR with 4 players (+1 AI) I believe we did around 200 turns before ND and Steve threw the towel :P

I wonder how our "first contact" with Brit and Moon would have gone if I landed on that central island earlier. I was going to take the island much earlier, but the invasion force was diverted from the shores to bolster Steve's defense as the AI began to overrun him.

From the AAR:

"I had figured out by this point that there simply wasn't enough room to my northeast for another player to be up there"

I think you meant to say "northwest".

Nice AAR so far. Enjoyed the read and the screenies.

How did you become aware that NormalDude was assisting Steve?

Thanks.

I wonder how our "first contact" with Brit and Moon would have gone if I landed on that central island earlier. I was going to take the island much earlier, but the invasion force was diverted from the shores to bolster Steve's defense as the AI began to overrun him.

Most likely it would not have went much differently. I was not aware how strong Brit was at the time, but I was already suspecting (from reading between the lines of the open chat ;)) that you and Steve were working together. So I was leaning towards joining with Brit as it was, to oppose what looked to me to be a team. I believe that the diplomacy screen was already showing you guys as allied in some way, too (I'll try to get a screen of that in my AAR part two that I am writing now).

The aggression on the middle island was merely the tipping point that made it easy for Brit and me to for an alliance, and if you had taken it already it probably would not have changed things much.

I think you meant to say "northwest".

Oops. You're right.

How did you become aware that NormalDude was assisting Steve

I did see some of NormalDude's ships moving around down there (my aircraft were doing flights near Steve's coastline) - although that's not a strong indicator, since he could've been scouting. Also, I think they had formed an alliance, and that shows up on the foreign relations window. Alliances allow players do do some extra things, including land aircraft in your allies cities, dock ships there, and get repairs and upgrades to your units.

I did see some of NormalDude's ships moving around down there (my aircraft were doing flights near Steve's coastline) - although that's not a strong indicator, since he could've been scouting. Also, I think they had formed an alliance, and that shows up on the foreign relations window. Alliances allow players do do some extra things, including land aircraft in your allies cities, dock ships there, and get repairs and upgrades to your units.

Yes, we had formed an alliance. I rather wish we had done that without you guys knowing.

One thing that might be nice to see in the AAR is more actual 'gameplay'. Zoomed in shots of how the game actually works. How units are built, techs researched, what it looks like moving units around, how battles actually work.

The zoomed out 'executive summary' is interesting, but it doesn't provide much actually insight into how the game plays.

One thing that might be nice to see in the AAR is more actual 'gameplay'. Zoomed in shots of how the game actually works. How units are built, techs researched, what it looks like moving units around, how battles actually work.

The zoomed out 'executive summary' is interesting, but it doesn't provide much actually insight into how the game plays.

Yeah this. Screenshots of hot spots needed.

Part Two, which I am writing right now, will have some more of that.

Well, it's a long writeup :)

I just finished a 10 minute video of the entire 106 turns that the game took duing EOS' Replay feature. That allows you replay one turn, a bunch of turns, or the entire game (single player or multi player) at any point in time. There are some bugs in the current beta with regard to this, but the replay video should give you guys a pretty good idea of the entire "story" in addition to the writeup and some closeups.