Improving the look of the Peng Challenge Thread

Stuka quietly leaves the room.

...with a company paid business class ticket in one hand, a bloody mary served by the ever attentive stewardess in the other, a fat company per diem cheque in the back pocket and a 4 day junket to look forward too...

Hows the desk in your cubicle going to look today Boo? The same as it has for the last 15 years and the same it will look for the next 10? The ankle shackle is a nice touch though.....

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...{snipped}...

here I am, trying to praise you for your feats of counterproductivity, and here you are, waiting to strike like a retarded cobra, regardless of what I say.

I've learned my lesson, won't do it again.

Lad ... that's what we DO ... that's why we're here ... if this is the first opportunity you've had to determine that then you haven't been paying attention.

... much like Stuka if you think about it ...

Joe

...with a company paid business class ticket in one hand, a bloody mary served by the ever attentive stewardess in the other, a fat company per diem cheque in the back pocket and a 4 day junket to look forward too...

Hows the desk in your cubicle going to look today Boo? The same as it has for the last 15 years and the same it will look for the next 10? The ankle shackle is a nice touch though.....

Well, let's see...

You're not here, so it looks pretty damn good.

Yessiree... pretty feckin' good.

We don't need no stinken' praise from an SSN...

You may say that, but I know behind your keyboard there, you relish it to the point where you can't concentrate at work anymore. You love to let the rays of praise caress you as you soar blissfully in the sky that is your imagined success, like a young boy, soaking in the pleasure of finally receiving a pat on the back from his abusive alcoholic father.

You keep telling yourself that Sparky......i'm guess it must give you some comfort.

Comfort knowing you're not here? I dare say!

And knowing that you can only be one place at any given time, Moondyne Joe, I'd be willing to say that 99.999% of the earth's population feels that same soul-satisfying comfort.

Why man, the very stones of the earth rejoice when your shadow fails to fall on them!

Dear Iron Homo/Stop

Sorry to hear you have a problem with alcohol/Stop

As indicated earlier....jump into the Bay/Stop

And while you are at it, Sod Off!!!/Stop

BTW, I never concentrate at work/Stop

Did you miss the School Bus this morning?/Stop

Nidan1, why are you writing as if you were reading a telegram?

And unless he's into old movies, there's a good chance he won't know what you're doing.

And you should have said something like, "Why don't you pound yourself in the head with a ballpeen hammer and don't ever/Stop"

So today is my 41st birthday, and as far as birthdays in a combat zone are concerned, it wasnt too bad.

I didnt get blown up, shot at, or otherwise assaulted by something or someone deadly; well, there is the issue of the KBR food, but I've grown immune.

Joe actually sent me a turn...Thanks Joe, its just what I wanted. You're too kind (he actually sent it yesterday, but he's old and forgetful; I'm sure he meant to send it today.)

My wife and mother both sent me birthday cakes

My wife...and not my mother...flashed me on the webcam. That was kinda cool.

The regimental co actually paid us a compliment...that almost ended 41 years of life, as I nearly died from shock.

Nidan1 is apparently channeling Sommering to attack some ne'er do well frequenting the thread. It has entertainment value.

Boo is still not so witty nor intelligent...Does consistency have a source? Yes, and its name is Boo Radley, which is strangely comforting.

And Stuka is on another one of his trips, which has every possibility of seeing him corkscrew into the ground from 40, 000 feet up...a tragedy to some, a gift for most.

Yep...not a bad day at all, and has all the potential of being better depending on Stuka's flight.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

I RIDE IN HUMVEES

ITS ONLY A MONTH 'TIL I GET HOOOOOOOOOME

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME

Happy birthday, wolfie. I hope you get what you deserve.

Perhaps Stuka can jump out of a cake for you or something.

Steve

Now MrSpkr, that's just MEAN ... it's all fine and good for Wolfp Mk II to suggest that Stuka crash and burn ... actually it's better than good, but to hope that Stuka jumps out of his birthday cake ... that's flat creepy.

Moretheless I too echo your birthday sentiments to Wolfp Mk II ... Happy Happy Happy ... Birthday Birthday Birthday ...

Joe

Forgive me lads, this post has no purpose save to move it to the top of the page so that SOME people {couSeanachaigh} are able to easily discern that it's the most recent ...

Sheesh ...

Joe

I SO regret every good thing I said about you in my mistaken postings in the previous thread, you bastard.

I will destroy you. See if I don't.

Shaw, you will immediately acknowledge that I am an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread.

Simple as that.

Indeed ... you are an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread ... and simple ... I willingly acknowledge the truth of both statements.

Joe

Indeed ... you are an Olde One of the Peng Challenge Thread ... and simple ... I willingly acknowledge the truth of both statements.

Joe

All I ask...all I ask.

Sometimes...sometimes, it seems too much. Too much.

Sometimes, I wonder. Sometimes, Joe...

From today's Wiki:

Vithoba is a Hindu god, worshipped predominantly in the Indian states of Maharashtra, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. While generally considered a manifestation of the Hindu god Vishnu or his avatar Krishna, he is sometimes associated with the god Shiva, the Buddha or both. Vithoba is often depicted as a dark young boy, standing arms-akimbo on a brick, sometimes accompanied by his main consort Rakhumai (Rukmini). Vithoba is the focus of the monotheistic, non-brahminical Varkari sect of Maharashtra and the Haridasa sect of Karnataka. Vithoba's main temple stands at Pandharpur in Maharashtra, close to the Karnataka border. Vithoba legends revolve around his devotee Pundalik, who is credited with bringing the deity to Pandharpur, and around Vithoba's role as a saviour to the poet-saints of the Varkari faith. The Varkari poet-saints are known for their unique genre of devotional lyric, the abhanga, dedicated to Vithoba and composed in Marathi. Other devotional literature dedicated to Vithoba includes the Kannada hymns of the Haridasa, and Marathi versions of the generic Hindu arati songs, associated with rituals of offering light to the deity. Though the origins of both his cult and his main temple remain subjects of debate, there is clear evidence that they already existed by the 13th century.

Thought you'd all want to know.

Michael

All I ask...all I ask.

Sometimes...sometimes, it seems too much. Too much.

Sometimes, I wonder. Sometimes, Joe...

Oh come now Seanachai, you can't expect me NOT to tee off on such a slow lob right over the plate.

Indeed one might suspect that you did it apurpose ...

Joe

Isn't meaningless repetition an early sign of Alzheimer's?

Michael

Why do you ask?

Sometimes, I wonder.

Here, let me put your mind at rest.

You forgot to drink the bottle of rum, the bottle of vodka, the bottle of tequila and the bottle of port.

You did do a hell of a job on the wine (four bottles) but forgot the champagne in the frig.

There, you need wonder no more.

And yes, it'll all be gone before you can come back over.