Important Announcement

Hunter

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I have a CMC installation that is prepackaged so that you don't have to go through the manual install process of all the components.

Some manual steps are still required but not many.

If somebody would like to "beta-test" my install file please p.m. me. If it works for somebody else and/or there is more interest I can upload it to sourceforge. I highly prefer to only upload stuff that works for more than just me :)

In case you didn't see it above, you MUST have a BFC (not CDV) version of CMBB to use this.

To use my quickest install you must know how to make your Windoze have a drive which uses the Z: letter. Doesn't matter whether you rename, alias, use an external drive or a network drive, but I do not provide Windoze support.

That means that it cost me personally the bulk of my life savings and my earnings over the last few years.

Now, thats dedication and passion! Thanks for dedication both to you and the team. Im sorry to see yourself having not much to show for your personal time and money spent on this. I hope there exist some karma in the world, and your efforts will be rewarded in some other way.

Good luck with your future, and thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...
...Guess there is still hope when you finally get away from this Modern Era CMX2 junk. I'll be back then to buy...

Same here, as well...

And as "Cid260" said: "I hope that the design of CMx2 WWII take into account this... for a possible new external CMC development".

And also, one easy question: why not to come back to old WEGO gameplay system? I think it´s a very good system for this kind of games, much better than RTS. If WEGO system works fine, why change this important aspect?

Try to change or improve graphics, sounds, interface, and add another little details just to make CMx1 a Total Masterpiece (I´m sorry but I don´t really understand last Battlefront decisions in designing wargames... :(

Same here, as well...

And as "Cid260" said: "I hope that the design of CMx2 WWII take into account this... for a possible new external CMC development".

And also, one easy question: why not to come back to old WEGO gameplay system? I think it´s a very good system for this kind of games, much better than RTS. If WEGO system works fine, why change this important aspect?

Try to change or improve graphics, sounds, interface, and add another little details just to make CMx1 a Total Masterpiece (I´m sorry but I don´t really understand last Battlefront decisions in designing wargames... :(

Totally agree with Jose here. WEGO system is alot better than the new CMSF engine. I still play CMAK and CMBB but I have dropped CMSF because of it. The feeling in CMAK and CMBB is hard to match. Listen to Jose Battlefront. Just hot up the graphics make a better buy system and implent CMC into the game and CMx2 will also be a masterpiece that will bring the big cash to you.

Pike

• 3 weeks later...
No idea.

In case some aren't up to date CMSF WEGO is now implemented using the Blue bar - as in CM1.

It's exactly the same...except PBEM games now have a movie each turn (hooray!).

Plus you can play RT if you want. Good for smaller battles.

Because "in some cases" some of us have Spanish version of CMSF (issued by Friendware in Spain) and we cannot add any patch at all to the original game because Friendware and Battlefront didn´t reach an agreement (as you can see, a very efficient customer policy... :(

And anyway, "in some cases" there are a lot of us who don´t like wargames based on these modern battles between USA vs Siria or Irak or Iran or whatever country...

I have tried CMSF (version 1.07), and "the feeling" is not the same as playing CMBB or CMAK. It´s worse! :((

Because "in some cases" some of us have Spanish version of CMSF (issued by Friendware in Spain) and we cannot add any patch at all to the original game because Friendware and Battlefront didn´t reach an agreement (as you can see, a very efficient customer policy... :(

And anyway, "in some cases" there are a lot of us who don´t like wargames based on these modern battles between USA vs Siria or Irak or Iran or whatever country...

I have tried CMSF (version 1.07), and "the feeling" is not the same as playing CMBB or CMAK. It´s worse! :((

Try the version 1.11 (there is also the demo), and "the feeling" is the same as playing CMBB or CMAK. Certainly it is modern warfare, not WWII.

If you buy a module and apply it, I think the Spanish version will become Battlefront version and the problems are over.

• 5 months later...

Hunter,

A noble effort, even if it didn't quite work out. Awfully good of you to make the work open-source!

RockinHarry,

Long ago, back before I'd even found and downloaded the CMBO Demo, I was involved with the PEDG myself, working with some people (Honner, rexford, Jeff Duquette?) to get the gun and ammo models right for PE, leading to some deep grog investigations. My last PE news was in the form of a ghastly arcade trailer, which shocked and saddened me, for PE 2. Was really hoping for a proper new version of the truly impressive for its time PE.

Regards,

John Kettler

And to think that a guy with the moniker of eichenbaum who used to post here had a working version of a campaign system for CMBB but when he offered to develop it further with a little help from the BFC guys he was basically told to sod off! Such a pity and an opportunity lost IMO.

Regards

Jim R.

Wow! Any other details? Did it actually work? Any chance of getting our hands on it now?

And to think that a guy with the moniker of eichenbaum who used to post here had a working version of a campaign system for CMBB but when he offered to develop it further with a little help from the BFC guys he was basically told to sod off! Such a pity and an opportunity lost IMO.

Regards

Jim R.

Was that based on the CMC code?

The code kinda runs, but interest is very low for reasons given.

We're currently discussing internally what to do about the eLicense protected CMBB.exe and in which form to release it. Stay tuned.

Just a suggestion - now that you guys have brought in a developer to do the Vista updates to the old engine, why not have him (or someone else) update CMBB and CMAK with a really simple and generic interface for campaign systems? It probably wouldn't sell as many copies as the Vista update, but if you can get someone to do the code changes for free it's a small net profit, and a win with all the campaign game players who were waiting on CMC.

• 5 months later...
If you look several threads down you'll notice the Title 'CMC Cancelled', as sorry as I am to say that, as I was much looking forward to this also.:(

Due to the age, that thread is probably not visible to most with default forum settings. But the question should still be...

Is this game still cancelled?

• 2 weeks later...