Important Announcement

Hunter

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter, I want to raise a glass of beer to your efforts. In Finland we say something to the effect of "you can't blame someone for having tried". Then again, we also have sayings such as "works like a train's toilet" and "fun like in mother-in-law's funeral", so you may want a second opinion... regardless, best of luck to all your present and future endeavours!!! :D

A big thanks for the effort Hunter! No shame shall fall upon you for pulling the plug after all that effort!

Being a full time developer myself I have tried many game projects that has failed utterly... None of this size - but even a tiny game takes a lot of time...

Python is one of my weakest languages - otherwise I would be interested in at least trying to do something with it. If a lot of others joined in...

I hear others circling in on the API for "talking to" CMBB... Moon - is it OK to use that with some other code? Thinking of a less ambitious lightweight version of CMC written in C++ or C#...

Thanks Hunter! /Mazex

Folks, anyone who visits other wargaming related forums, I suggest you spread the word about CMC becoming opensource. Chances are 2-3 individuals - and that would be enough - with knowledge of programming and time and desire to contribute can finish it and turn it into a game it was aiming to be.

Don't forget what community did with Falcon 4 source code, and that wasn't even legal!

Folks, anyone who visits other wargaming related forums, I suggest you spread the word about CMC becoming opensource. Chances are 2-3 individuals - and that would be enough - with knowledge of programming and time and desire to contribute can finish it and turn it into a game it was aiming to be.

Don't forget what community did with Falcon 4 source code, and that wasn't even legal!

Yeah, and so do all the DooM and Quake projects.

But those were given working code, not code that missed enough for somebody who wanted to earn money from it to give up on the whole project, and in addition we cannot fix whatever issues the included CMBB binary (certainly) has.

There is a discussion on at gamesquad with a couple of people being able to run something from the provided package, but at least one key person can't do anything in CMBB since the included binary requires the BFC CMBB CD and he has that CDV loser version.

thanks for releasing it to the community i have 2 questions

1 could you release details that would allow community to create editor for changing weapons on new vehicles that they may build and want to add to cmc/cmbb/cmak

2 if community create a mod activator for above could you release details that would allow them to hook it to main program cmc/cmbb/cmak

thanks for releasing it to the community i have 2 questions

1 could you release details that would allow community to create editor for changing weapons on new vehicles that they may build and want to add to cmc/cmbb/cmak

2 if community create a mod activator for above could you release details that would allow them to hook it to main program cmc/cmbb/cmak

What you describe is not possible, because there is no source code for CMx1 available, only a binary which is not modifiable.

As far as CMC itself (not CM:BB) is concerned, there is an interesting thread running at Gamesquad. It will be interesting what the folks over there come up with:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=83110&page=12

Best regards,

Thomm

As far as CMC itself (not CM:BB) is concerned, there is an interesting thread running at Gamesquad. It will be interesting what the folks over there come up with:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?t=83110&page=12

I've read almost the complete thread now (it was the first time I really dealt with CMC - I never followed the threads in this board much, I only had general interest in CMC) and I came to the conclusion that my operational level wargame of choice remains the Airborne Assault series. Actually I think CMC never had (even a remote) chance of being as good as Highway to the Reich or Conquest of the Aegean.

Anyway: Thank you for trying Hunter!

Anyone know how to start the game? I was trying to use the beta to see what needs to be done and cant get in.. I can start but it ask for a license to get in.. Any help on this would be great.

Which one, CMC or the CMBB binary?

The newest CMBB binary uses elicense and is unusable at this time. The other CMBB binaries use a CD check against the BFC CMBB CD.

CMC is started with ClientWx/App.py

But you need to install all the junk from Apps.rar first.

We're currently discussing internally what to do about the eLicense protected CMBB.exe and in which form to release it. Stay tuned.

There are two versions of the CMBB exe, is the e-license version the more up to date version?

Would love to test the input/ouput files to see what is possible and if it works I'll gladly make a new interface (c++).