Cmak,cmbo,cmbb--?

herkybird

These are the best turn based WWII games out there... What are the possibilities of a total upgrade of these games.. I would purchase the complete set over again... And so would all the guys I play with..:)

thanks for any reply

No chance of an upgrade to the classics! BF is working on Combat Mission: Normandy using the engine from Combat Mission: Shockforce. You can find info/discussions on CMN in the CMSF forum.

happy hunting!

:)

No chance of an upgrade to the classics! BF is working on Combat Mission: Normandy using the engine from Combat Mission: Shockforce. You can find info/discussions on CMN in the CMSF forum.

happy hunting!

I seem to recall with that engine you couldn't even enter buildings and infantry was basically useless? Was that fixed or do I have my games confused?

I seem to recall with that engine you couldn't even enter buildings and infantry was basically useless? Was that fixed or do I have my games confused?

Soldiers can enter buildings in the game CMSF. I believe that soldiers cannot enter buildings in the game TOW (theater of war)? I don't own TOW, so I can't say for sure.

• 1 month later...
Soldiers can enter buildings in the game CMSF. I believe that soldiers cannot enter buildings in the game TOW (theater of war)? I don't own TOW, so I can't say for sure.

Correct, though apparently this has/will change with TOW II. The demo is out so you can check for yourself if you like.

Although I am disappointed with CMC being dropped, like the rest of you, what is next in regards to Combat Mission, more specifically World War 2 era? Is this the end for the CM line of WW2 games? I hope not; although I continue to play CMAK and will do so until the next best game comes out. Thanks guys!

Rich

Although I am disappointed with CMC being dropped, like the rest of you, what is next in regards to Combat Mission, more specifically World War 2 era? Is this the end for the CM line of WW2 games? I hope not; although I continue to play CMAK and will do so until the next best game comes out. Thanks guys!

Rich

I see you are new to this and to bring you up to speed that Battlefront is hoping to release a newer version of a WW2 game with the newer CMx2 egine. I hope some time before the fall this year. I think it is CMx2:CM Normandy.

Some thread up in the CMx2 forum.