Demo

Winstanley1

OK I was messing with the game a bit. Funny I took 3 years of Russian and the folks at my college did nothing to prepare me to play a war game :-D

I'm trying to change the resolution to 1680x1050 and it doesn't seem to want to stick. I select the resolution, add HDR, and then hit the bottom right button. A dialog box comes up I hit something and then hit the 2nd button from the bottom right. No matter what I do it stays at 1024x768.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got through the Kasserine scenario this time. Didn't figure out too much - I was more or less just trying to get my bearings. I have to say I am really looking forward to this one.

I do have one issue- zooming with the mouse wheel seems a bit weird. If you zoom too far you end up with the camera pointing into the dirt. Subsequently moving out leaves the camera pointing down.

I've got the same problem.

I did update the DirectX on my computer, but to no benefit.

I get through the intro videos and then it crashes.

I have Windows XP Professional and an ATI X1900XT video card updated to the 9.2 drivers set on factory defaults. Had the same problem with the 9.1's.

While cleaning out the first set of buildings in the Kasserine Pass demo, I had a soldier run straight into the path of an American GI. They stopped and started swinging! My guy was at a disadvantage because he had an MP40 instead of a rifle. I got knocked out.

Hand to hand combat is in the game!

I really like the demo. It's a good improvement over ToW. It seems it is running even smoother except at a few moments in the game where it becomes so slow that it is almost unplayable: I suspect this have something to do with the dust that is blown by the wind; I'm not sure though. If this is the case, I hope it can be turned on or off.

An other small thing bothering me: I think the infantry should be able to climb steeper slopes. It is very annoying to discover that your men can't climb a 45% slope.

The fact that the "recon" mode revert to "assault" mode each time a new move order is given is extremely annoying. It would be far more better if the units would keep moving in "scout" mode until selecting the "assault" mode again.

For the moment, I still prefer the way it was handled in ToW, with the crouch, lean and run position. Also, I liked the interface in ToW better.

Anyway, this is very promising. I like the indirect fire and the fighting inside buildings. It is what ToW should have been right from the beginning. It is a bit more like Close Combat in 3D, and I like it (even if I wonder why there is still no possibility to surrender or retreat from the battlefield and why everyone have to fight to the death without the possibility of taking prisonners).

-Knokke

An other small thing bothering me: I think the infantry should be able to climb steeper slopes. It is very annoying to discover that your men can't climb a 45% slope.

-Knokke

I agree with that, I wanted to attack on the back of the 6-pounders ATG group, with my infantry , it seems not possible to climb here, weird!

ambush10.jpg

Really pleased with the demo, I downloaded only to see how it ran on my PC, and with that alone I'm very happy. It runs better than ToW1 with all settings on high, swooping about with the camera on all zoom levels and unit activity/numbers.

The game itself looks superb, more refined, just the thing I'm looking for, had a lot of fun with the Brits. Can't wait for English demo, but I'm almost certain now to buy.

All settings High, no HDR, x4 AA

My Spec is;

intel P4 3ghz cpu

Ati HD4830

2gb RAM

Res 1680x1050

Quick question on the improvements : is the infantry now able to jump above small walls and fences and to crawl under fences ?

Besides, I did not download the demo nor will get the english language one... but will sure buy the game as soon as it gets available. So, thanks for all.

To apply changes?

I think it's bottom right button: ПРИМЕНИТЬ

The other one should be "restore defaults"

When I hit the bottom right button I get a dialog box with a radio button on it immediately afterwards. I hit the button and am right where I was. I have to hit another button to go back (not the "restore defaults" - that one also gives me a dialog box with either Da or Niet as options).

The changes are never saved :-(

I have noticed that on my system this game is using up just under 2 GB of ram. Try stopping as many background process as you can. Try EndItAll for a fast way of doing it.

Then again, I'm running Vista. I doubt you're using as much memory as I am :-D

When I hit the bottom right button I get a dialog box with a radio button on it immediately afterwards. I hit the button and am right where I was. I have to hit another button to go back (not the "restore defaults" - that one also gives me a dialog box with either Da or Niet as options).

The changes are never saved :-(

It would be better for us to wait for the english demo! :D

Don't know if I understand well your problem but this is how I managed to make changes:

hit the"options" button"

option10.jpg

after your changes, hit the "apply" button :

apply_10.jpg

if you make resolution changes, you'll be prompted to "restart to change resolution" and to hit "ok"

then hit the "back" button

apply_11.jpg

Hope that helps!

I had same problems with resolution change not "sticking". Sneaksie nailed it when he said Vista isn't allowing TOW2 to save changes to disk. He suggested run program as Admin. I set the "Run As Administrator" checkbox in the Program properties and it worked.

I'll give it a try.

And I think I'll change my name here to Lagavullin4Me :-D