Demo

Winstanley1

regarding the "hold fire" command, i just discovered it, left click on "attack mode" button

captur19.jpg

regarding the "Action mode" button, I am trying to understand it. You can disble it by left clicking, and by right clicking you can open this:

captur18.jpg

my guessings:

-A: autonomous fighting mode

-B: Stealth mode

regarding ammo selection, right click on ammo window:

captur20.jpg

then, select:

captur21.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the nice screens!

These mountains sure look awesome!!

But how can you "interact" with them? Is it possible to climb those slopes? Or are they merely decoration?

Best regards,

Thomm

these mountains are very steep, they are impassable in the game as in real life, motorised units could'nt climb usually slopes over 30°, but infantry can climb them in some place, specially where there is a track, there are no mountain infantry i think in the game...

I Must repeat Tartari: where is the "hold position" command?

Anyway, it's super. So when proceed full version? Is it about days?

I can answer you now (maybe everybody has already discovered it :D ), the "hold position" command is actually the "action mode" button, you just have to left click on it like this:

hold_m10.jpg

SPOILER

When the tank appears you will also then see a burning truck toward the middle of the city. Next to that truck is a box that contains a bazooka and 5 rounds. Move a soldier close to the box and he should automatically take the bazooka and its ammo.

Sneak up on the tank and have fun destroying it. You need to finish off the tank with the 5 rounds because there doesn't seem to be any more ammo for it and the mission doesn't seem to move forward if the tank is not destroyed.

Looking forward to the english demo... and the english manual!

Note that the last button in last row is automatic weapons and ammo pickup from dead bodies, not the automatic weapon selection.

Also, the last fire mode (icon with three targets) is a new barrage mode. In this mode, shooter will target new random spot some distance near the assigned target before each shot. It may be used for HMGs and HE shells firing when you need to suppress or kill soft targets in fairly large area.

The demo is very laggy for me. Got 8600 GT, 2gig ram and two P4. Should i be worried?

I expect the demo to fry my business laptop, but I am hoping that I at least will get an impression of what the game is like ... after all, it ran the ToW1 demo okay.

Best regards,

Thomm

The demo is great improvement over the original Theatre of War; the addition of house to house fighting, smoke shells and sound contacts makes it feel like CMAK with better graphics.

I particularly liked the inclusion of hand to hand fighting and the new indirect fire mode for artillery.

Are there any plans to include mortars now this feature has been implemented?

Note that the last button in last row is automatic weapons and ammo pickup from dead bodies, not the automatic weapon selection.

Also, the last fire mode (icon with three targets) is a new barrage mode. In this mode, shooter will target new random spot some distance near the assigned target before each shot. It may be used for HMGs and HE shells firing when you need to suppress or kill soft targets in fairly large area.

great, thank you Sneaksie! Sorry all for the mistake!:o

Mortars (stationary and on Sdkfzs) are in the works for Kursk campaign.

Artillery indirect mode: you can fire even without LOS (if shell trajectory permits). In this case, when issuing Ground attack order, LOS arrow will be black when your mouse cursor is over some terrain spot, but little target symbol near mouse cursor will be red (this means that there is LOF) and you can order the gun to fire here. Accuracy reduced significantly, though.

Howitzers can shoot like that (low speed of HE shell results in more curved trajectory and you can actually shoot over obstacles, in addition other guns don't have targeting equipment required for indirect fire). The best one for shooting over obstacles is German leIG, howitzer-mortar hybrid, which can raise its barrel almost perpendicular to the ground. USA and UK have 105mm and 87mm (25pdr) howitzers in the game. They can't raise the barrel this high, so they can't hit almost any spot on the map as leIG does, but they have more powerful shells (leIG caliber is 75mm).

So....you still have to fight to the bitter end and lose all men before you can end a battle? or can you surrender?

As always, it is a problem of how the mission is made, it is not a problem with the game.

When you make a mission, you can add the option to surrender (I have this kind of trigger in my campaign, depend of the mission).

But when you make the mission (it takes time), you don't want the player to skip all your work !!! So it is why this option is not used !!!

But you can make mission by yourself ! ;)

Yes, this is indeed possible using the script language. One implementation I had contemplated but not tried was to have troops which reach a certain state revert to a 'neutral' state and move towards the opposing sides map end. This basically guarantees that they will not be fired upon anymore and move back toward your POW pens.

No, I don't know how to make them drop their weapons and put up their hands. I didn't say it was a perfect solution :)