Where is the new manual?

The 1.06 release says "We have also added a great deal of material to the game manual itself since many players have asked for more details on all the new changes in the expansion."

Where is this new manual? I would love to have more documentation.

Mithel,

I took a closer look at the v1.06 release page and I can see why this may sound misleading. The v1.06 is all inclusive so it includes all the previous changes made to the game since the original v1.00 release so for anyone that is just grabbing the patch now mentioning the previous manual updates is still applicable but not necessarily so if you are just going from v1.05 to 1.06 sort of thing.

Hope that clarifies it a little bit.

Hubert

Thanks for the clarification Hubert. It's too bad that v1.06 didn't provide additional documentation. If it had, I would have considered that to be the best feature of v1.06.

I know that nobody likes to write documentation. And printed documentation goes out of date rapidly as patches are released. But good documentation is very valuable, in particular to those of us interesting in using the editor and modifying the scenarios. But even as a player I find it frustrating that during a game I'm experimenting to see how something works.

I know a strong effort was made to document "supply" but it's an important and complex enough topic that an additional two examples or so would be valuable.

The original SC2 Blitzkrieg manual pretty much covers the game in full detail while the expansion release documentation naturally cover the additional changes and modifications so there really shouldn't be much of a gap... granted you do have to refer to both manuals to get the full picture.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

• 2 months later...

I think if you want a hard copy of the manual you need to print it yourself. But hopefully the developers can answer this more accurately. I believe a lot of companies have stopped printing manuals due to the high cost and the fact that they tend to go out of date very quickly as patches are released.

When you order a mail delivery (download&mail or mail only) you usually get a printed manual with it from us FOR FULL GAMES. For expansions, we usually avoid printing manuals, and only include PDF copies on the disc. This means that e.g. you get a full printed manual with SC2 Blitzkrieg, but none with WaW or PDE, but you do get a full manual with SC WW2 Pacific Theater (which is again a full game).