Vista Issues

Hello Peoples,

So I recently bought a new computer with Vista and now SC2 wont execute!

I have both SC2 and WaW however neither of the executables execute!

The games worked fine on my old one - that had XP...

Any idea whats up?

Current System

Vista Premium 64 bit

Inte Core 2 Duo E8500

Nvidia 9800 GT

4 Gigs DDR II Ram

500 GB HD

Old System

XP SP2

Amd Athalon 64 3500+

ATI Radeon x850 Platinum

1 Gig DDR II Ram

200GB HD

I have already tried to reinstall - no go. Tried to run the program executable in windows xp compatible mode - nothing. The bloody application doesnt even show up in task manager once I execute it! I even tried that data protection thing off for the exes...nothing...I'm feinding for a good game!

I emailed support and they state they're not sure if this game is compatible with Vista 64!!! Any ideas?

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for responding back to my post. Unfortunately, neither of the solutions work. I dl'ed and installed the patch and ran the exe as admin, still nothing. Once I double click on the icon on desktop, I get the vista equivalent of the hour glass, for a few seconds, and then nothing....

Task Manager shows the performance skewed for a bit, but the application doenst even show up on there...

HELLLPPP!!!

Try creating a folder at the same level as your program folder in the main drive, usually the "C" drive. Call the folder "Games".

When you install the game, use the different path, C\Games instead of C\Programs when you are prompted for the path install.

There is also a task in the "Users" profiles, accessed through the control panel that needs to be disabled.

Remember Hubert, this is how I got mine to run. What is that task to disable, something to do with security?

I have no problems running Vista and it runs very fast.

meance, when you launch the application does it get as far as asking you to license the game? For example, do you remember if you've been able to get as far as the eLicense registration window?

If not, then I suggest taking a look at this eLicense FAQ link for a possible solution:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=46&Itemid=30

If that doesn't work then I would suggest sending an email to elicense@battlefront.com to see if they can help.

Hubert

Alrighty guys,

Thanks for youre input - I dont know whats up with the game...I finally was able to get it to work. No clue as to how...I reinstalled and turned off DEP (just like before) and it magically worked....grrr vista!!!

Now I have another issue however. When I try to create a custom scenario, I go into the Editor and save the file. The file doenst seem to load up in the game. Like for ex if I edit an existing scenario, Fall Weiss, and save it as FW II; the campaign doesnt show up under the "New Game" tab when I execute SC2.exe...

Any ideas?

Meance,

This is unfortunately another Vista issue. One workaround is to infact disable the UAC control which may not be desirable, or the other option is to change the installation directory to something other than the default under the 'Program Files' directory.

For example if you install to C:\Games\Battlefront\Strategic Command (Version) it seems to work Ok.

Hope this helps,

Hubert