Directxfailure dderr_generic

You know the same thing happend to me Arado234, when I tried to play SC2 Blitzkrieg, but that was just to try it out, and see how it worked. I got a new laptop with new settings, and I wanted to see what the game looked like on it. I then tried it on WAW, and was amazed at my new laptop, and the game of course. One major pain with my new laptop is it has Vista which is a major PAIN :(. I probably should have mentioned this early to you Hubert, but I had other issues with downloading WAW, PDE, (thanks madmatt you were a real help) and then SC2 Pacific theater so it just got put on the back burner for a while. This problem however didn't come up in any other games besides the base SC2 game. I also had directX9 if not DirectX10.

Unfortunately the newer Vista systems sometimes have a hard time with some video card configurations and the SC series and toggling one of the above options sometimes does the trick. Basically these options alter some of the video card setups and as we found one of them is bound to work, i.e. the difference between Full Screen and Windowed is how the video card treats the game, for example, exclusive video card mode or not etc.

Either way, just glad to hear it helped and the game is now working :)

Hubert

Hubert,

Did you hear windows is thinking of moving away from Vistia. Which is just great since I have a system that has it, and also that means whatever minimal assistance I got before from dell will now vanish as soon they won't support dell systems with Vista. In essence my 3 year tech contract with them will become worthless :(. A real bummer for me, and everyone else that currently has Vista, and doesn't want to buy a new system after they just purchased one. That's however a little off subject though then from the great games you've created over that past years. Which have kept most of us who play them addicted to them until 3 in the morning :).

I heard MS has a new operating system coming out again (I think it was called Seven or something like that.) Had gotten a email to try out the demo. I was just happy, they are coming out with something else (hopefully better.) I haven't had the pleasure of Vista, and don't care to, from what I've read.

I don't see why they wouldn't support your 3 year contract. They will usually support the old operating system for so many years. Yes, good thing Hubert and Co. are not like MS. I don't think I'd be playing any of these games.

K Man, your one of the lucky people (probably the majority of people) that hasn't experienced Vista. The problems that I experience though have to do with a few other games on my laptop. Such as Hitman Blood Money, Company Of Heros, etc. You always have trouble with saving or launching the problem. Although I did have one problem which was releated to SC, and that had to do with the folder I saved the game to. In the end Dell could support their contract it's just even if they do they fix problems which come back 2-3 days later as the same problem. I even have an XPS special support contract which does me little good. In truth I'm better at fixing my own problems then having them help me(anything besides SC), for SC though I've learnd you should always ask Hubert who always fixes the problem (thanks Hubert). When it comes down to me solving problems on my laptop let's just say I'm not the best at it. Hubert, on the other hand is near perfect, and seems to be able to fix just about anything you throw at him. Which with the fact SC is such a great game will keep me on board for life. Back to Dell they love, and boy do I mean love to direct you back to the vendor even though it has to do with Vista, and not the vendors product.

Off subject I went to Battleship Cove, a few years ago as a high school field trip. Which I believe was a part of Fall River MA. It was a pretty good little WWII field trip destination. I live just outside of Boston so it was a pretty good field trip location.