No Little Mac?

In my current game as the Allies I tried something different. I pulled the US Corp out of the Philippines in what turned out to be a vain attempt to save them. The Japanese sunk them on their run to Australia.

But I just realized that MacAurther hasn't shown up in Australia yet either, and it's way past time!

Is this a bug or a result of my pulling the troops out? Like he went down with the ship?

In my current game as the Allies I tried something different. I pulled the US Corp out of the Philippines in what turned out to be a vain attempt to save them. The Japanese sunk them on their run to Australia.

But I just realized that MacAurther hasn't shown up in Australia yet either, and it's way past time!

Is this a bug or a result of my pulling the troops out? Like he went down with the ship?

I've tried that 4 times! I figure that one extra corp could help big time in Burma. I'm 0-4 so far. Seems the Jap navy is pretty active in that area for a while. :)

I did make it to one of the neighboring islands but could never get it all the way to safety.

I've always had Mac show up though.