Any bones and/or progress reports on CM:Normandy?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Progress report is much the same as previous reports... we're working on it and things are going well. It will be a while before the testers have anything to beat on. That's partly because we don't need testing for a while yet and also party to make sure the Brits get full attention. We expect to have something ready for the testers to start beating on around the time that the Brit Module rolls out the door. Only a select few will be using Tigers and Shermans a day earlier than that :D

As a quick, and meaningless tidbit, today and tomorrow Charles is finishing up putting in WWII vehicle/weapons data. Oh and cowbells. Gotta have more cowbells this time around, that's for sure!

Steve

Been away for a couple of days, but thanks for the update Steve! Keep up the great work.

Big honking tits is all the game needs to succeed.

Sergei, weren't the tits in Clevingers photos big enough?

They're called teats. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though -- okay, only semi-seriously -- what about modelling women in CM:Normandy, for the sake of having female Maquis or SOE agents? (But maybe I've opened a can of worms by merely bringing it up...)

and also party

Steve

Freudian slip. Absolutely zero work has been done on any new material, BFC has been partying wildly with famous actors/actresses and rockstars, living excessively off of their profits from "CMSF" and "Marines" and experimenting with hard drugs. Steve is stalling us on actual progress because half the team is in rehab, and someone dropped several hits of acid into charles' jar. Now instead of coding video games he's been drawing trippy patterns in photoshop for the last several months.

About the cows...will it be necessary to have different cow physical models for various breeds (aside from the bull/ox/cow thing of course, which is three models right there), or is it really just a camo issue? If so, you cow grogs will be modding anything from Holsteins to Blue Lingos anyway.

I'd just like to see a Milka Cow Mod, personally....

_wsb_500x288_Alp+Kuh+Canvas1.jpg

That would also seriously solve the cowbell issue once and for all. The cowbell to end all cowbells :)

I want non-cowbell cows to be modelled as well. That would allow them to be mistaken for enemy contacts with all the resultant area fire, panic, charging cows, horns gouging running infantry, artillery called in, etc. Hmmm, time to get some fresh rations...

Regards,

Ken

LOL c3k,

I was wondering...what exactly IS the meaning of all this cowbell stuff I keep reading about, anyway (including one unforgettable post by Sergei with a looped video of a long-haired guy hitting a cowbell with a drumstick :D, had me literally rolling around laughing) ?

I first thought it was something to do with the sound of Mk19 grenades hitting buildings (sounds a little like a cowbell to me), but since its going to be in CM:Normandy I begin to doubt that that is what it is...

Someone explain this to a stinkin' cowbell noob please?

Cowbell refers to a well-known Saturday Night Live skit. You can probably find a video of it somewhere on the internet.

Gosh :D ! I just typed "more" in my G****e toolbar and the first suggestion was "more cowbell"!

I might have underestimated the need for cowbell... I sure hope BFC will really explore the battle space this time.