CMx2

Last I heard, virtually all the models had been done. That's quite an important milestone if you ask me. Steve indicated the game would be out well before the end of 2009.

[EDIT]

Just tracked down the exact quote from Steve in the "CMx2 Road Ahead" thread:

As stated before, as usual we aren't making any release announcements until we're pretty close to being done. All I can say about the Normandy release is that most of the models are already done, much of the recent programming was on our Normandy priority list, and we've largely outsourced the creation of the last two CM:SF Modules. In short, as the Plan I outlined describes, we are finally able to work on more than one thing at a time. Therefore, expect the Normandy game sooner rather than later. How soon? Well, definitely not within a couple of months and certainly well before the end of 2009.

Steve

No it will not work with CMx1.

Also you miss the point. CMx2 Normandy will be June 44-Sept 44, NW Europe only. This will be delivered mid 09 and then two more modules by end of year (SS and Empire). Then you get CMx2 Battle of the Bulge late 09 early 10. Further modules for that??? You are looking at mid 10 for the first of two Ost Front modules, probably Op Bagration and another.

So CMC will have a good two year plus life span for Ost Front fans before anything arrives in CMx2 form.

I think the most noticeable change from CMx1 to x2 is the time scale as you will not be able to do those scenario series following a unit through a campaign, or see a large range of vehicles types.

cheers

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Right guys im new and just so that i am clear..will there be a CMx2 Normandy game? When will it be released and is there any screenshots/website/features page etc..

ps can someone also point to a description or tell me of the differences between the two engines CMx1 & CMx2

Right guys im new and just so that i am clear..will there be a CMx2 Normandy game? When will it be released and is there any screenshots/website/features page etc..

Indeed there will. Current release date is as always "when it's done", but hopefully during 2009. :) You can find WineCape's most excellent summary here:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=87188

ps can someone also point to a description or tell me of the differences between the two engines CMx1 & CMx2

You really should download the CM:SF demo and try, but from the top of my head; 1 to 1 representation for soldiers, much more detailed and deformable terrain, real-time & WEGO option, dynamic lighting, no random map generator, no cherry-picking forces for quick-battles, just to mention a few.

• 1 month later...