1.11 Feedback!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, MY download (USMC) from the BF.C server is showing 129Mb sitting in its cozy new folder in my download file. Although, that's just its resting state; it looks so cute, and my hopes are so high, I haven't had the heart to wake it up and make it go to work yet.

:)

Regards,

Ken

Blue bar makes the CM experience much faster. On maps with relatively little action, it's much faster than waiting a whole minute.

One thing I noticed though is this:

When units are "buggering out", the crawl away from the target, which is good I guess, but at the end of the turn they do not change their facing. So they have their backed turned to where the danger is most likely to come from!

First impressions things I have noticed:

Graphics looks much better:

- various problems with the display of trenches seems to be solved or at least on the mend. A special applaus from me on this! ;)

- the sharp borders between the close high quality and distant low quality terrain textures are smoothed out very well, even if still noticeable when moving the camera over the map.

- the map look generally much smoother now.

Questionmark icons for spotted enemy units can now be switched off.

I'm able to continue my 1.10 saved campaign game in 1.11! Excellent!

Can someone please let me know what size the patch file is?

Can't find the info on bft.

Cheers

Keep in mind, there are two patches, and hence two different sizes. ~80MB is for the CMSF standalone patch (if you don't have the Marines module, and bought your game from BFC directly, that's the one you need). ~110 MB is for the Marines patch (which includes the CMSF patch but adds stuff specific to the Marines module). This is the one you need if you have CMSF Marines (regardless of where you bought your base game), and if you need this one then you do not need any other patch (in particular, you don't need the standalone patch).

Martin

I'm a little confused, I've installed the Marines patch, but the new Version 111.brz file is only 9MB - can this be correct? :confused:

I only took a quick glance at the patched game, yet - but it seems to run fine so far.

Same here it seems to be right, I think these brz files only contain art and 3D models, and since there were no major changes the size of the file shouldn't be big.

Glad you guys are liking the new version!

Normal Dude,

Looking at the fix list, I am amazed at how many issues being discussed on this forum were addressed.

Well, as I keep telling you guys... we don't read these Forums because we have nothing better to do with our time ;)

Stikkypixie,

Same here it seems to be right, I think these brz files only contain art and 3D models, and since there were no major changes the size of the file shouldn't be big.

Correct. The BRZ files are generally small for patches, large for releases. In fact... v1.07 had no BRZ at all. Can't get much smaller than that :D

Steve