• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The latest regarding little Adolph

http://news.aol.com/article/kids-with-nazi-names-taken-from-home/306100

HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, N.J. (Jan. 14) - Police say three New Jersey siblings whose names have Nazi connotations have been placed in the custody of the state.

Holland Township Police Sgt. John Harris says workers from the state Division of Youth and Family Services removed 3-year-old Adolf Hitler Campbell and his younger sisters, JoyceLynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell from their home Tuesday.

Harris says family services did not tell police the reason the children were removed. Agency spokeswoman Kate Bernyk says it does not comment on specific cases.

So the state kicked in their door and hauled the kids away without explanation. Something supremely ironic about that.

Without explanation to the police, per the article. But it is possible that the police spokesman is either lying or uninformed. Lying because juvenile cases are given broad privacy protections that most other cases do not receive and it would be improper to comment on it to the press. Or uninformed because it is entirely likely that the child welfare workers took their action without the involvement of the police at any level. Either way, inclusion of the statement from the police spokesman is misleading or shoddy journalism at best.

Not only have the parents been told the reason for the action, but they have already been given, or will be given in the next 24 hours, an opportunity to be heard before a judge who will review the child welfare officials actions and can reverse them. In my state the question is whether an 'urgent and immediate' necessity exists to take the children out of the home, in New Jersey it may be differently phrased but conceptually similar. And if the children stay in state custody, the Campbells will be given an opportunity to litigate their cause within a short amount of time - 30 days or so.

SB/SO:

1) Please refer to my sig line

2) If the state's reasons actually were the political leanings of the parents (I had assumed that WASN'T the reason, and the irony was in the coincidence), then it's actually not a joke. Nothing more fascist than hauling a person's kids off for political reeducation. Nothing more illegal, either.

A swastika is a swastika regardless of direction.

THE SWASTIKA

The Swastika is a well-know good-luck symbol from India. Unfortunately, it is too well known in the west, as the Nazis chose it as their main symbol. In Sanskrit, swastika means "conducive to well-being". In the Buddhist tradition, the swastika symbolizes the feet or footprints of the Buddha and is often used to mark the beginning of texts. Modern Tibetan Buddhism uses it as a clothing decoration. With the spread of Buddhism, it has passed into the iconography of China and Japan where it has been used to denote plurality, abundance, prosperity and long life.

(In India, Hindus use the swastika to mark the opening pages of account books, thresholds, doors, and offerings, the right-hand swastika is a solar symbol and the left-hand version represents Kali and magic. Among the Jains it is the emblem of their seventh Tirthankara. Other uses of the symbol: in ancient Mesopotamia it was a favourite symbol on coinage, In Scandinavia it was the symbol for the god Thor's hammer. In early Christian art it was called the gammadion cross because it was made of four gammas. It is also found in Mayan and Navajo art.)

It makes me think, too, of the bikers throughout the US who wear 'Nazi'-style helmets (i.e., styled after the German M1935 helmet), when their fathers and grandfathers may well have fought in WW2 and risked their lives and even died fighting actual 'Nazis'.

Every subset of underground culture seems to have found some allure in Nazi Germany in one form or another.

For reasons I'll never know, I've personally seen numerous goth girls take to wearing the Knight's Cross as if it were a fashion trend.

People,

Happened to see the item about the kids' removal while Viewing and Rating today. Am unsure, though, which is worse: Nazi acculturation or ripping kids from their homes and sticking them in foster care, especially with names like the ones they bear. Recipe for disaster either way!

gunnergoz,

The California DMV is deathly afraid of two things appearing on personal plates: naughty words in any language (DMV reportedly has 130 different foreign language dictionaries it checks submissions against) and anything sexually suggestive. Am afraid "LSSAH" was way too groggy for the DMVers.

Regards,

John Kettler

...except that the state didn't kick down their door...and given the circumstances only a moron would wonder why ....which is presumably why the family don't know

Unless of course the reasons for taking the kids would not stand up if challenged in court (ie. the reason is the name of the child and not proven physical abuse, neglect or recless endagerment by the parents).

Not only have the parents been told the reason for the action, but they have already been given, or will be given in the next 24 hours, an opportunity to be heard before a judge who will review the child welfare officials actions and can reverse them. In my state the question is whether an 'urgent and immediate' necessity exists to take the children out of the home, in New Jersey it may be differently phrased but conceptually similar. And if the children stay in state custody, the Campbells will be given an opportunity to litigate their cause within a short amount of time - 30 days or so.

Recently. here in Finland a divorced father of 6 lost the custody of his children to the wellfare people after his ex-wife who had been taking care of them was hospitalized. They deemed "a single person" can not take care so many children on his own (despite the ex had been taking care of them prior to being hospitalized).

Unless of course the reasons for taking the kids would not stand up if challenged in court (ie. the reason is the name of the child and not proven physical abuse, neglect or recless endagerment by the parents).

Even in that case a lot of people would still see this case as justification for licencing of breeding rights........

I also think that some people should waive their rights to reproduction and pursue other hobbies.

That's the sad fact, any jackass can have a kid. The future looks bleak with more morons having the ability to reproduce while superior intellectuals can't. If you don't believe me than just watch the documentary called "Idiocracy". :D

Pretty soon we all will be drinking Brawdo, the thirst mutilator. Why is Brawdo so good you ask? Because it has electrolytes.

340x.jpg

Here's what our money will look like.

idiocracy_money.jpg

Check it out!

idiocracy_24.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
For reasons I'll never know, I've personally seen numerous goth girls take to wearing the Knight's Cross as if it were a fashion trend.

Goth girls wearing Knight's Crosses? Numerous goth girls wearing Knight's Crosses. Wow.... I must be hanging out at the wrong clubs. =P Then again, I don't live in a big city like Toronto.

I was at a local Oktoberfest celebration -- a fairly low-key and family-friendly affair -- when I spotted a twentysomething spikey-haired guy with a runic "SS" tattoo on the back of his neck. It rather soured my mood; took another couple pints of Doppelbock to get my mind off it. When I see stuff like that, it really makes me want to chew out the person in question, because it's people like them who indirectly ensure that people never get past the German-equals-Nazi thing, so that people in general are in effect preventing from being able to see all the good things about Germans and German culture, food, music, etc. Of course, let's be honest: every German from 1933 to 1945 was a Jew-hating, Hitler-loving, concentration-camp-ignoring, civilian-slaughtering, baby-bayonetting Nazi. (Pardon the vicious sarcasm.)

The California DMV is deathly afraid of two things appearing on personal plates: naughty words in any language (DMV reportedly has 130 different foreign language dictionaries it checks submissions against) and anything sexually suggestive. Am afraid "LSSAH" was way too groggy for the DMVers.

Just the California DMV? You'd think "LSSAH" would elicit a red flag just on account of the inclusive "SS". Then again, a certain type of "all-American" hot rod is known as "SS", and seemingly no one gives a second thought about that.

Well, the fact of the many cars labeled SS, as noted, is probably why DMV just went ahead and issued the LSSSAH plate - it's not like its an obvious obscenity, which they do look out for. The plates were a (Nazi) groggy thing to do and another (non-Nazi) grog called them on it. They broke no laws, but they were not guys I'd invite to have a beer with me.