z-Bee CMSF Mod Manager Released!

Available at www.cmmods.com !!!!

z-Bee Mod Manager for Combat Mission: Shock Force v1.0

created by theFightingSeabee

thanks Sara

thanks CogNative

thanks NormalDude

CAUTION: USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

CAUTION: DO NOT use the mod manager while CMSF is running! Shut down CMSF first!

Thanks for downloading! I got tired of waiting for a mod manager for this game;

so, here you go! Keep in mind, I am a beginning programmer, so don't be too

harsh! Also, feel free to modify the code (if you have Microsoft Access).

Features:

*Manage mods of all types: .brz files, .wav files, .bmp files, and folders.

*Manage scenarios and campaigns.

*Customizable "mod groups" that let you select a group of mods that are

appropriate for any given scenario.

*Rate each mod and scenario for your own records.

*Write notes about each mod and scenario.

*Add images to any mod or scenario record.

*Load your "essential mods" with one click.

*Quick links to your mod storage folder and z folder.

*Automatically create a z folder if you have a clean install.

*Highly upgradable!

Keep in mind, I'm a novice programmer. But I do plan on upgrading this mod manager in the future. Just leave your comments in this thread, and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't shout it out loud enough! This is the coolest thing I have ever seen! If it works like it is supposed to, I think Battlefront needs to include this or some version of this in all future games. It is a necessary tool if you like you game to have authentic look. There are just too many mods out there that bump this game up a whole other level, most importantly uniforms. Now there is no reason everyone shouldn't go out and download all the uniform mods, take the time to attach them to a scenario and never have to worry about it again. It make the game brand new all over again Absolutely brilliant! I will dive into it more deeply later today and post some more thoughts.

Ok I think I found a flaw in the program. When you go to scenario - open scenario folder button, it automatically goes to a directory on your C driver under program files. That is all well and good but I keep all my CMSF stuff on my D drive and I have yet to see a way to browse to my D drive to change the path. Advise.........

You like Mods?

You will like z-Bee CMSF Mod Manager.

It works great on my MacBook Pro!

IMO, Battlefront should consider a user friendly Mod Manager in their CMx2 games now that their Repository is running. Not in any way tot take away form CMMODS.

"It is a necessary tool if you like you game to have authentic look."

The quality mods are out there and a Mod Manager is the easy way to use these mods for greater game value, IMO.

Thanks to theFightingSeabee.

**IMPORTANT EDIT!!!

Sorry, I was so tired I forgot to add a very important point!

-- This mod manager requires either Microsoft Access 2007 or Access 2007 runtime.

The runtime can be downloaded here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9ae78d9-9dc6-4b38-9fa6-2c745a175aed&displaylang=en

It's free.

Btw, if anyone has any issues or requests like cabal23, then I'll do what I can when I can. This is a very busy week at work with Christmas parties and shmoozing a bunch of big wigs. Then I'm going to KC until the end of the month, so it may be a little while before I can make any significant changes.

Thanks for downloading though!

theFightingSeaBee,

Congratulations on a fantastic application! I would go so far as to say this is an essential utility for all serious CM:SF players.

I've been playing around with it tonight and have found it incredibly easy to use. I've been downloading lots of uniform, weapon camou and skin mods from the repository and trying different combinations together, and it works like a dream. You really can now chop and change all your mods to suit each scenario. BFCs bandwidth is going to die when enough people are using it. ;)

Great work. Thanks very much!

First off this app is fantastic!

Your time and effort is much appreciated.

One suggestion, in the manage mods box would it be possible to sort alphabetically by the columns by clicking the column header for each field?

As it is, it's sorted by the filename, it would be nice however to sort by the other fields so for example all installed mods could be listed at the top.

Active mods could also be shown in a different colour font, so it is more obvious that they are installed.

Thanks again! :D

Thanks for creating this, Seabee! =) It's very handy; and I haven't even started working with the organize-mods-according-to-scenario functionality yet(!)

I was just wondering if in a future version there was a way to inrease the overall size the screen? I'm runnning at 1680x1050 and it would be great if the scrolling lists could be displayed in a larger window.

I agree. My monitor's resolution is 1680x1050 too, and the scrolling lists seem cramped to me.

Also, I second Skinnedpuppy's recommendations.

SkinnedPuppy, although your name horrifies me,(:o), those are great ideas. I was able to sort by columns in an app I made for work, and it didn't take very long at all. Great idea. Colored fonts may also be fairly easy, but I'll have to look into that.

Birdstrike and Dietrich, no problem. I looked into something that resized the forms according to your resolution, but it may be much easier to resize the forms myself and just make a high res version. Maybe some time in january I'll be able to do that.

Other than some requests for improvements, I'm happy to say that I've received a lot of good feedback! I'm happy that it's working out for cmsf fans!

Thanks Seabee for creating this, it is incredibly useful. I have never used Microsoft Access, so I don't know how difficult this would be, but is it posible to allow the use of arrow keys to navigate the list of mods ? It works great without it, but occasionally I get lazy and don't feel like using a mouse :)