Mac, Parallels Desktop,Vista, CMBO screen flickers

Hi guys

Just getting back into CM after a four year absence when my old first generation iMac died.

I only just realised today that my old CMBO CD-ROM also has the Windows version of CMBO so I installed it on my MacBook running Parallels Desktop and Vista.

It seems to load alright so I start up the game. The opening music seems a bit distorted though. I fire up the first game A Chance Encounter and thankfully it comes on.

However the trees and other vegetation and descriptions in the control panel at the bottom of the screen flickers constantly.

I can still place orders and move my units about and the game runs each time I press GO but the constant flickering of the trees etc is getting annoying.

Does anyone know how to fix this flickering problem please? Easy how-to explanations please if possible.

Thanks

Danny