Peng Challenges the Oddstralians to Make Good

Leeo

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you prefer some existential claptrap or a saucy tale with frequent half-truths, more frequent lies, considerable frippery, unsubstantiated hearsay, fantastical rumors, and uncomely innuendo, especially as it pertains to my dealings with the fairer sex?

Could I have a half-and-half? I like to be able to switch channels when the plot gets boring.

Michael

This Peng thing is killing us?

Well, I know we're all dying bit by bit every day, decaying into twighlight, each exhalation a slow letting go, a loosening of grip on this ethereal running down of our physical universe....

But this Peng thing, I don't think that speeds things along much more than a trickle of a tickle.

I do not, and you know I do not. Occasionally I fictionalize, dramatize, and exaggerate, but I do not, as such, lie.

And in this case there was no bloody need. The best part was when you picked up the pan that was in flames, and began running about the kitchen with it like a ground squirrel trying to figure out which hole to dive down.

I distinctly remember shouting 'NO!' when you rushed towards the sink with the flaming pan in hand, and I remember turning off the gas on the stove before I doubled up laughing over your kitchen counter. I remember laughing like hell. I remember you putting the damn flaming pan back on the stove while mumbling to yourself 'baking soda. I need baking soda'. I remember the fire finally running out of fuel, and you taking the hideously blackened, warped and weird pan to the sink, and sinking it into cold water with a hiss like ten thousand dragons pissing on a hot stove.

I remember laughing so hard I damn near pissed myself. I remember you frantically scrubbing at the blackened walls around the range-top, while shouting 'Lies! Lies! I did nothing wrong!'

I remember getting another rum and coke. I remember you looking... appropriately embarrassed.

I have returned. Two weeks ago, I had a goddamn intestinal infection. I finally went to the doctor on Tuesday afternoon, and he told me: "I'm putting you into the hospital. You're running a high fever, your white count is way high, and 'shifting left' (I'm almost sure that's what he said. I have no idea what it means, medically speaking, but I do know he looked at me like he was not announcing that I'd voted against another four years of Republican misrule).

Of course, as the UberGnome of the Peng Challenge Thread, I can't be having with going into the hospital. Not when I have no insurance, and my latest job just ended.

So I talked him into sending me home with massive oral antibiotics.

And I triumphed!

Which is to say, I didn't die. Apparently that option was possibly in the cards.

So, now I'm better.

But you people, are not. You're just as horrible as I always remembered.

Someone fetch me a stimulating drink!

Ãœbergnome, that was a funny Dalem story. It tops Joe and the silverware drawer.

I hope you are feeling better.

Why would she want to dull her newly sharpened knives on his carcass, better that she use a club or somefink...
Well, for example she might prefer to keep him around for chores and the like. A club would limit her options in that regard. Whereas a nice sharp knife could be used for, shall we say, options that might reduce his desire to "tomcat" around ... if you get my drift.

Joe

Why would she want to dull her newly sharpened knives on his carcass, better that she use a club or somefink...

Yes, but its the secret to avoid teary eyes when cutting onions. Sharper knives reduce the amount of smelly enzymes that create the sulpher mixture which causes one to get teary eyed.

I'm sure the lovely Mrs. Lars would rather avoid that unpleasantness when filleting the old man. Also bludgeoning is so Eighties.