Since new ATI Driver 8.11 problem with the Intro

Ok, i testet something:

I reinstalled the game and with version 1.0 i dont get any graphic problems (broken Intro and pixeled and crazy colours in game).

Then i installed version 1.10 and the graphic problems are there. With my old ATI Driver i dont get this problems so this must be a conflic between the newest ATI Driver 8.11 and CMSF 1.10 or the newest Direct X and CMSF 1.10 !

My System:

ATI X1900 GT

Driver Version 8.11

Newest DirectX Version

Paradox Version of the Game

No Marine Modul installed

Patch 1.10 installed

Please fix these problems with 1.11 !

Hi,

Since i updated my ATI Drivers to Version 8.11 i get a total pixeled and crazy picture (all colours mixed) where the intro movie should show but can get into the game menu with a mous click.

Is this problem known and what can i do ?

Same problem here. ATI HD 4870.

I have the same with ATI HD 2400, 512 gigs. I just upgraded and have latest drivers. Also performance in the game has not improved at all. maybe worse. Mouse curser has a lot of lag even on normal size scenarios and I have it turned down to balanced and improved. Please some advice is needed here. Spent some $ and am getting nothing for the expense. Help please.

• 2 weeks later...

since switching to driver 8.11 on my ati 4870 (1gb) I not only get the weird start screen like wiggum, the game crashes when i start either a scenario or a campaign.

i´d also like to note that while using the 8.9. drivers the game runs slower on my new core2duo 8500 + ati 4870 (1gb) system than on my old athlon64 4000 + geforce 7800 gtx.

my hopes are on the 1.11 patch.

Hi Wiggum,

I just bought a new computer with an ATI 3650 card. I was having lots of general graphic problems with my system.

I downloaded the new Catylyst Drivers and software and it seems fine now. I did not try to run CMSF until I had sorted those out. CMSF does run very well.

Try the new drivers. They may work for you.

Regards John.

Well, both sets of cards have their own specific peculiarities, making the job of designing games a real fun experience I'm sure!

I've just stuck in 8.12 for my ATI 4850 and I'm sorry to say that I still have a totally corrupted intro, but the game itself plays fine. I had the same problem when I had an ATI 1950XTX with previous drivers too - I'm pretty sure the last set of ATI drivers that actually played the intro for me were 7.11 or something, but I didn't try each new one as it came out, so that's not definitive.

Well, both sets of cards have their own specific peculiarities, making the job of designing games a real fun experience I'm sure!

Zatoichi, that's an understatement :(

We tend not to run around with our heads cut off when a new driver comes out and it breaks things for us. Usually a revised driver comes out shortly and fixes the problem. In any case, it's rare that we can do anything about the problems because they're not within our control to influence. However, if v1.11 doesn't accidentally help out ATI customers we'll take a look into it. So far none of our testers have reported problems, so it doesn't seem to be a universal issue. Which is also, unfortunately, the usual.

Steve

Zatoichi, that's an understatement :(

However, if v1.11 doesn't accidentally help out ATI customers we'll take a look into it. So far none of our testers have reported problems, so it doesn't seem to be a universal issue. Which is also, unfortunately, the usual.

Steve

1.11 did not change anything for my XP install. I now installed CMSF in Vista64 (same computer, 8.12 video drivers) and this works now. weird (the XP install was working prior to changeing to 8.11 video drivers!).

hope that helps.

;1111251']1.11 did not change anything for my XP install. I now installed CMSF in Vista64 (same computer, 8.12 video drivers) and this works now. weird (the XP install was working prior to changeing to 8.11 video drivers!).

hope that helps.

That means that 8.11 + 1.11 did not remove the problem but with 8.12 + Vista all works fine ?

What about 1.11 + 8.12 with XP ?

I tested something and with 1.0 (new install) and 8.11 i dont get these graphic problems...

OK - I downloaded 1.11 last night and fired it up (I have XP and 8.12 ATI drivers for my 4850 card) - the intro is still not playing for me - I still get a grey pixillated screen with no sound.

But (and this is a big but, so to speak) the acctual game plays flawlessly after that, with the improved loading times and with the tweaks to the LODs etc it looks much better than 1.10 did, which is a tiny bit more important to me than whether the intro plays or not.