Column Mission Advice Needed

Hopefully, this forum isn't completely dead and there are still some T-72 players out there. I'm returning to this game after beating it 2 years ago. Well, I believe I skipped some of the harder missions when the campaign allowed me to move on after failing too many times.

This time, I'm trying to win all of them honestly without bypassing any. Here's the problem.

The column mission! I am stuck! Here's the scenario:

1. There are two hunter/killer T-55s roaming around after you on the battlefield.

2. There's a T-72 at the finish line who will ambush you on your way back to the starting point if you don't somehow take it out.

3. There's an RPG gunner at the finish line with the T-72 that you've got to take out if you want to destroy the T-72 when it's stationary.

4. The column has a T-55 at the head and a Sprut (sp?)

5. Total enemies to destroy not including the column: SIX! (3 T55s, 1 T72, 1 Sprut, 1 RPG)

Anybody win this mission? The column can go one of 2 ways so it's actually two different missions, depending on how it starts (farm or column ambush).

Very challenging!

This game is brilliant, by the way. It's a shame it's been so underrated. IMHO the "game" known as "SB" has taken all the tanksim fans away from T-72. That's too bad. I wish more players had given it a chance.

Aw Man! This forum is DEAD!!! Bummer!

Even though nobody's reading this...it's a Shturm-s in the column not a sprut. "Are you crazy?! Slow down!"

This is still a great game. Great graphics engine, however you really need a powerful computer to play it smoothly. That was part of why I put it away for a few years. My PC at the time just wasn't doing it justice.

Oh well, somebody sometime dust it off and post something about it... "There they are!"

Hi AF1994,

I'm just getting back into T-72 now. Didn't have time to play it when I first got it a couple of years ago. My control familiarity is low, so I'm getting brewed up pretty fast. Hopefully I will have enough skill to attempt the column mission in the next week or so. I'll let you know when I get to it.

retarius