Six Engine Propeller Plane?

7 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

This thread is TEN YEARS OLD, buddy.

That's a bit longer than '5 minutes'.

What the hell are you doing wasting your time here for then?   Doncha have anything better to do?    :wacko:     If it wasn't for your post, I wouldn't be wasting my time here either lol

Edited by Erwin

21 hours ago, Erwin said:

What the hell are you doing wasting your time here for then?   Doncha have anything better to do?    :wacko:     If it wasn't for your post, I wouldn't be wasting my time here either lol

I'm busy openly dismissing the claims of the OP after looking for an answer for ten years.
Don't YOU have anything better to do?

1 hour ago, General Jack Ripper said:

I'm busy openly dismissing the claims of the OP after looking for an answer for ten years.
Don't YOU have anything better to do?

B...b... but I thought this is the General Discussion Forum where all sorts of stupid things are discussed in the pursuit of fun.  This is not an academic or serious military training site from National Defense University.  So long as folks are enjoying themselves, isn't that the point?  

On 2/6/2019 at 10:44 PM, CMFDR said:

Felt like that?

Stil no joy on a six engined propeller cargo aircraft though, I'm curious too.

Wow, that is a gorgeous piece of footage! And is making me pretty certain that craft I saw at much higher altitude did indeed have 6 engines. Even at this low altitude the nacelles look “swooshed” together. They were definitely evenly spaced.

The only Herc *I* know with six engines is that one, doesn't flight anymore afaik and there weren't all props (was to help the rudder works at very high altitude)

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "C-130 with pods"

Nowadays there are fuel pods configured on the outermost point though.

178352476.jpeg

Edited by CMFDR

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

B...b... but I thought this is the General Discussion Forum where all sorts of stupid things are discussed in the pursuit of fun.  This is not an academic or serious military training site from National Defense University.  So long as folks are enjoying themselves, isn't that the point?  

Fun?
I think I'll have to look that up in a dictionary somewhere.

• 9 months later...
On 10/24/2017 at 9:59 AM, John Kettler said:

Your illustration of a lenticular aerodyne (to borrow a term from Coanda) has a serious deficit in that there is no link to the other items you extoll. Please supply same. Danke.

Still haven't found the link to the page with the particular images, but I have discovered that they were probably taken from the movie Forbidden Planet, so that might give you a starting point to search...providing of course that you are still interested.

Michael

This thread reminded me of one morning in about 1967, in Irvine California.  I heard the sound of distant aircraft.  As the volume increased, it got loud enough---really loud--- to draw me outside to see what was what.  Several waves of Japanese Zeros were passing almost directly overhead. 

Surprise! 

My memory wants to say there were hundreds, but I bet it was a lot fewer than that.

I later learned they were T-6 Texans painted to look like Zeros.  They were eventually shipped to Hawaii for the movie Tora! Tora! Tora!

Edited by lsailer
added movie name

• 6 months later...

I saw this exact thing a few days ago in southeast Louisiana. It was the same day as the postponed Space-X launch that transported astronauts to the ISS. 6 clear propellers all spinning on a plane that towered over the C-130 following close behind. It looked like a much much larger C-130. It didn't look like an An-225. Both were flying very low and slow. On the bottom of one of them was the white star in red/blue circle emblem. They were flying south. I clearly saw 6 spinning props. No nacelles. I can't find a pic anywhere.