game won't start

I get through the intro part of the game to the picture of the tank and a window pops up telling me that the CD rom is not inserted into the drive and that i need to insert it for it to run and it has a note saying the game needs to be fully installed to run. I got through the installation and it said that it is complete. Why won't the game run?? I have taken the disc out and retried it , does not work, i have uninstaqlled an reinstalled, does not work, there is nothing checked in the compatibility box. ANy ideas??

I´m having the exact same problem when I load CMAK in my external CD-drive - last time was yesterday. The thing with my game is that the fault is only sporadic. But I´ve discovered that other games doesn´t work there either. So at least in MY case, I´m pretty sure that the CD-drive is to blame - not the game.

Have you tried to load other games into the drive?

Cheers