About crushing trees

rofl

What can i do to make it impossible for tanks to crash down the trees, i cant find any datas for trees.

But as far i remember Olegs statement during Il-2 development that it would be possible but he canceled that feature because to save ressources.

I suppose you would need to make the base of the big trees a blocked square so that tanks would be forced to navigate around them. However IMO it would only be the really big trees, small ones would be bent & flop back up once the tank had passed over it.

What we have now I agree is quite unrealistic, I think most WWII tanks would likely ground out on the big trees if they knocked them over.

How you'd do this I haven't a clue!

A few years ago i played the D-Day game and build also a lot of maps, it was possible to make square areas impassable.That could be the perfect solution for ToW, i think that should be possible for devteam and would be a great realistic addition. For me those crushing and disappear trees was one of the most hated things in that game :(

ROFL

Experiment with this value:

AGGRESSIVENUM

It is found in the DATA/SETTINGS folder inside the file NAVIGATION.INI

It seems like the vehicles that cannot crush trees are given the value = 1, while units like halftracks and tanks have value = 2. This might be the value which tells the vehicle whether or not it can navigate over trees and such by crushing them. I have not tested this theory. I do not currently have TOW installed.

• 3 months later...

I'm getting a bit tired of watching panzer 1's knock over giant redwoods and want to try out this mod, even if it results in a Tiger being unable to go through a wooden fence.

But where is the NAVIGATION.INI file. It's not in the DATA/SETTINGS folder.

I'm getting a bit tired of watching panzer 1's knock over giant redwoods and want to try out this mod, even if it results in a Tiger being unable to go through a wooden fence.

lol..that's 2 funny.. i can see the germans talking in their tanks..

drive over z fence..shnell!! but we cant capitan.. z fence is too strong!

erm.. well then, drive around z fence! :P