The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battles have been sent out to the Riders of Rohan . You should have one battle as Axis and the other as Allied.

However can Hades please contact me ASAP as your hotmail account was not accessable. Packman , as this is your opponent, you had better hold fire until I either hear from him (or you do) or I find you a new opponent. Hades, you will have until Saturday evening (My time).

OK everyone else in Riders of Rohan best of luck. Please use the passwords I have supplied, you will be needing them in your future battles so don't tell anyone.

I do not have set an end date yet, but assume it is tomorrow :D :eek:

If you have any questions feel free to email me, however, please, please, please check to see that it is not answered somewhere in this thread.

That is all

Cpl Carrot

Hmmm. Guess that is not all. The second group should get their battles tonight or tomorrow and the third after that.

Oh in case you are wondering my time is GMT+12 :eek:

[ June 19, 2002, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Cpl Carrot ]

Originally posted by Frunze:

Is this tournament still open? If so I'd like to join...definitely qualify as a Newbie, never played a human opponent, in fact got the game pretty recently.

If you send me the required details I can put you into the reserves. This will mean that you will have to wait for someone to drop out, but I will organise for you to play other reserves while you wait.

Cpl Carrot

Hello all. I'd like to thank the Corperal for organising the tournemount for us newbies and thank you to the team at the scenario zone/depot for producing the maps.

I can't wait to test my tactical genius :eek: against a real opponent having sharpened my skills at the hands of the AI these past few months. :D

Good luck to all and lets enjoy it.

p.s My log in name was meant to be Zulu but someone beat me to it.

p.p.s To the guys at Battlefront. Thanks guys for producing this fantastic game. I found out about it in late 2000 and it hasn't left my hard drive since. Can't wait for the second installment. smile.gif

Originally posted by Austrian Strategist:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Patgod:

thanks guys, recieved my opponent, awaiting setup files.

good luck everyone!

Good luck, Patgod! Be careful you don´t lose your Elite King Tiger in turn 1! :D:D:D </font>

Update: Battles for the second group are out, third are about to be sent.

I guess I should have been clearer earlier. I have sent both battles to the first player in the group. When they start each battle they will be automatically assigned a side as the battles are Tourny saved. You should have one Axis and one Allied.

PK please email me. I need to clear something up.

Thanks

Cpl Carrot

Just a FYI, I'll be out of town Thursday night to Sunday night. I should still be in e-mail contact and I'll have a laptop with CM, but I'd prefer to wait to play it on my home desktop Mac. On the bright side, I'm a freelance bum, so I can get to it first thing Monday morning. smile.gif

Ok I'm closing down the enrolments. I have eight or nine reserves which should be enough. If not then I will open things up again.

The end date for the battles has been set. It will be 2359 31 July 2002 my time. This should give every one plenty of time to get their battles done. Valid reasons may yield extensions (things like the dog ate my computer etc)

That is all

Cpl Carrot

Originally posted by Cataract Jack:

My regrets I must drop out as my dad is expected to pass away within days and must go stay with him

Jack,

You have my most sincere condolences. I can imagine how you're feeling, as my Mother died six weeks ago. All you can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other for a while. But trust me, the sun still comes up in the mornings and life will go on.

SpaceHampster!

Been trying to send you moves but they keep getting bounced back.

Message of:

<your e-mail>:

xxx.xx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient.

Remote host said: xxx x.x.x unknown or illegal alias:

your e-mail

Giving up on xx.xx.xxx.xxx.

Any idea why?

I will keep trying. :confused:

EDIT,

hmmmm, looks like maybe they went through now, let me know.

tanks.

[ June 23, 2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: 0time ]

Originally posted by 0time:

SpaceHampster!

Been trying to send you moves but they keep getting bounced back.

Message of:

Any idea why?

EDIT,

hmmmm, looks like maybe they went through now, let me know.

tanks.

Yay, I got'em.

Relax, it's just that there's only 1 company(country side) providing ADSL connections(and I hate 56kb modems smile.gif ) which basically means that it has monopoly, which sucks bacause, they don't have to compete and can have lot worse services (servers down at night time etc.)

Since I'm 8hours ahead of yuo, then try again at morning, if this happens again.

:cool:

Cheers

SleeStac Please email me urgently. Your partner has not heard from you and we need to know if you are still playing. If I don't hear from you by Friday night, I will have to withdraw from the tourny and give your place to the next reserve Joe F

In related matters, if any one has not yet heard from their partner let me know IMMEDIATELY. As in now.

Since everyone else seems to be nearly finished ( :D:D ) here is what you do with the final results. The loser of each battle is to email me the result PLUS the final turn.

Now some of you have asked about AAR's. These will be welcome by Panzerman and Co however they are not compulsary yet. If you do write one, keep any pictures small an in .jpg format. Otherwise my ISP will have fits. smile.gif

When everyone is finished I will start a thread in the scenario section where you guys can talk about the battles, but please wait until then.

That is all

Cpl Carrot