The All New Newbie Tournament: Fellowship of the Newbie

Sorry for the delay, but as you all know real life™ comes before, CM, and the last week has been a busy one for me and other members of the team. And from what I am hearing from the team we will need another week to get them ready. Once again sorry for the delay. :(

[ June 10, 2002, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Austrian Strategist:

Question for Panzerman: Do you have a link to scenarios your team has made for earlier Newbie Tournaments, so we can get an idea what to expect?

No problem with the delay, but any bones to satisfy my curiosity would be appreciated. smile.gif

We have not worked on any other tournaments, but the other battles we have done are all at the scenario zone or the CM Scenario Depot.Scenario Zone's Scenarios Page

hey panzerman,

i have a question or two if you can answer without giving away any battle intelligence.

can you give us an idea points wise about how big these battles might be.

1000/1500, 1500/2000 ?

will the battles get larger as we move forward or stay the same size.

it might give us an idea of the time we'll need to

devote to the tourny. my tourny battles will take priority but i have 8 other pbems going (learn by doing)and i can start playing smaller battles the next time around with my other opponents to give more time to the tourny if need be.

this is my first tourny so if these are stupid questions just say so. i'm easy.

while i'm here i want to thank you and cpl carrot for running this tourny. i've run a few sports pools and i know it takes alot of time and can be very daunting at times.

ted,

"FELLOWSHIP OF THE NEWBIE" is a great title.

i like to think fellowship is what this forum is all about.

Originally posted by Panzerman:

We have not worked on any other tournaments, but the other battles we have done are all at the scenario zone or the CM Scenario Depot.

My mistake; I assumed you made the scenarios for the previous Newbie Tournament(s) as well.

I have downloaded rhe Lorraine Pack, and it looks highly interesting!

Can you tell us anything not confidential about the Tourny Scenarios? smile.gif

[ June 11, 2002, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Austrian Strategist ]

I can tell you this much, that as the tournament goes on the battles, will get larger, and harder. They will start off with simple attack, meeting and defence scenarios, around company sized. Then as you move from round to round they will get a little bigger, and harder. We are trying to let newbies see and learn to use as many elements of CM as possible, like weather, ground conditions etc. While using historically realistic forces. That's all I will say for now.

[ June 11, 2002, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Panzerman ]

Originally posted by Panzerman:

I can tell you this much, that as the tournament goes on the battles, will get larger, and harder. They will start off with simple attack, meeting and defence scenarios, around company sized. Then as you move from round to round they will get a little bigger, and harder. We are trying to let newbies see and learn to use as many elements of CM as possible, like weather, ground conditions etc. While using historically realistic forces. That's all I will say for now.

Sounds great! smile.gif

Cpl. Carrot,

A quick question before we get going.

Will we be using the game-generated raw scores only, or will you be using some variation like the Nabla system they're using in the RoW tournament?

I bring this up because in the original Newbie Tournament the issue of "unbalanced scenarios" reared its ugly head. SuperTed had to do some adjusting of scores in at least one scenario (if I remember correctly, he divided both player's scores by 2).

I personally have no preference one way or the other. So before this comes up, can we get an official ruling now?

Thanks.