CMSF Marines - Your First Impressions

ChrisND

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to buy your copy for you as a way of saying thank you. I never served, but I'm always thankful to those who have. I'm disabled now but always have & still do have a great life. I do because of people like you. If it you would let me do that for you, I would be happy to do it.

Man, you brought tears to my eyes. If only there were more people like you in the world.Blessings to you mate.

At the risk of repeating what everyone else said, this is just too cool! Infantry behaviour is fantastic! Sounds are awesome, and the rumbling roll of the AAV just makes my spine tingle. Battlefront, this puts 1.08, which I already thought was awesome, to absolute shame :) Thanks so much for the attention to detail and effort you put into creating this, it is well worth every cent paid!

Cheers

thanks a lot BFC, game has gone a step beyond with this release.

Performances have significantly improved as well and that is a great news for my laptop ;)

Someone asked about a tone down yellow for arc, I second that.

May I ask a question, what is action spot ? I've searched the manual but couldnt find answers.

Just finished the 1st campaign mission and so far its great!

The new radio chatter really helps with calling in air support/arty so you know when ordanance is in-bound. Cooking off rounds = awesome :)

Also the infantry behaviour is much better. I was moving a squad into position and as they took fire instead of just hitting the dirt they actually sprinted back to the building they'd just left!

Thanks for all the praise guys! Of course we couldn't have done it without the kickbutt group of testers we have. The infantry behavior took a lot of hard work on their part to test, retest, and test again the various tweaks and modifications Charles came up with. That's really touchy stuff, as you all well know, so a good testing loop is critical to keep things improving.

Steve

The game is fantastic. The improvements have made it jump from an A- to an A+.

Graphic changes like showing the hot-spot where the movement will be are huge improvements that enable the player to tell with some certainty what he can expect when the little geezers get to their destination. The huge improvement in the AI movement routines makes this a done deal.

The audio cues are also a massive help. To actually not have to open the artillery dialogue to check the status of fire missions, and instead to hear that they are prepped etc is GREAT GAME-MAKING. The new sounds for over-flight , infantry movement etc are really great stuff as well.

Modern combat isn't my cup of tea. I bought CMSF because I was sure BFC would do something interesting, and I wanted to support the company for the WW2 titles- and because I just like 'em as good folks. I'm now really going to be counting the days until CMx2WWII after seeing these great changes in the engine.

A lot of thought obviously went into this addition and patch, and a lot of testing. Thanks to all for what is now a G-damn jewel.

Thanks guys at the battlefront (beta team included!) for providing such an excellent addition to already good game. This definately was worth the wait, and in my books it lived up to the hype. Few games have had me refresh my email account for release notification, I even installed google talk in order to receive the information instantly.

I can but reiterate what everyone else is saying. Now that I'm up and running, the improvements to what was already a very engrossing game are quite stunning. Infantry behaviour seems greatly improved, excellent new sound effects and cues, very scary cook-offs and more . . . and I'm only on the first campaign battle so haven't even got to the new vehicles yet.

Awesome work! Well worth the wait.

Now, just to be a complete pain in the veritable, when can we expect the Brits? (quickly ducks for cover!)

JP76er and Meach. You guys are way too cool. Your offers are appreciated, but I must decline. Thank you very much. It means a lot to me. You guys have both reinforced my belief that there are good people out there. In fact, the whole crowd that hangs around these forums are of a calibre I have not witnessed at any other forum. Thank you.

Meh... I am just a cranky, crazy old guy with too many hairs on his face and not enough on his scalp but iffen I can help a fellow out I will. I can tell your a Samurai spirit and honour dictates that you refuse. Well, a good Samurai always offers twice and my offer still stands but who knows what fates will intervene.