Waiting on Marines

pkjsmith

I have.... I don't recommend trying it.

Anyway, Moon has posted that it won't be this weekend but sometime next week, 'sometime' meaning anything from Monday through to Friday I guess. So now I know not to bother checking again until at least Tuesday... oh no... I will be SO happy when the waiting is finally over.

Meeeeeee tooooooooooooooo!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well close is relative. The Earth is "close" to the Sun when compared to Saturn. We are "close" to the beginning of the Universe, when compared to the end somewhere out in infinity. It's all relative.:D

On the other hand, relative to the life of a mayfly we are still one or more lifetimes away from the Marines module.

Much better to think on a galactic scale.

Yeah, holy CRAP do they put out some serious firepower :D Still, they aren't immune to incoming fire. Especially if you find out, the hard way, that the Reserve Rifle Platoon you're trying to flank is accidentally changed to CRACK Experience. OUCH :D The thing is that once the Marines fix a target, all Hell seems to break loose.

Oh, and it is nice to be able to effectively take on moving infantry targets at 400-500m range. The M32s are super fun to watch firing at that range! "Thunk".... wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... "Bang" ;)

Steve

Is it "Ma Duece" or "Ma Deuce"?

I had the same comment on the manual. In WW2, it was "Ma Deuce" although I also see that "Ma Duece" appears to be a contemporary alternate spelling.

Damn,:o Ma Deuce is correct. I need to get my slacker arse in "The Pit" for that faux pas in transposition.

Damn your eyes Sgt Joch, this is pay back for all the heck I gave you about with the campaign, I know it! :D

I deserve it.2hdptfa.gif

Huntarr,

Who is usually assigned to carry that juggernaut? I mean 20kg weapon (plus ammo and kit) on a 13km hike ...:eek: I carried Carl Gustav on 11 km march once - the only wish after 6km was to fall down and die somewhere under a tree, after 8km i wished i did steroids, and after 9km mark it was all a blur :D

From what little I know of US military doctrine, heavy weapons equipment is split up among soldiers so you'd only have one guy carrying the gun, another guy carrying ammo, etc. Of course, apparently it's still absurdly heavy, just less so!

Happy Birthday! Many more.

Is it "Ma Duece" or "Ma Deuce"?

I had the same comment on the manual. In WW2, it was "Ma Deuce" although I also see that "Ma Duece" appears to be a contemporary alternate spelling.

"Contemporary alternate spelling" means people don't know how to spell anymore.

I was on a .50cal team, which was 4 guys. The team leader, gunner, assistant gunner, and ammo bearer. We all carried the weapon, 2 barrels, a tool box full of tools, a tripod, a very large starlight scope, at least 400 rounds of very heavy ammo, and our individual kits including full armor and m-16's. We drove it long distances and lugged it to fighting positions. Many of our fighting positions just happened to be up on big ass hills. It can be done. As soon as your weapon is in place you have to start digging. Entrenched positions are ideal with a non-mobile crew served weapon. Then you immediately begin to set up an alternate position to fall back on. After laying down some lead, consider relocating.

It took us maybe a minute to set up ready to fire. Maybe less.

Hopefully, the newest module will make the weapons teams move really slow, but not take 10 minutes to set up. Even 3 minutes is way too long. On short movements, we would even carry the whole thing on the tripod with 2 or 3 guys. Made setup that much faster.