New screenshots

Sneaksie

• 4 weeks later...

ToW2 does not cover a battle like Tobruk. See the FAQ:

Theatre of War 2 is dedicated to the final stage of the North African campaign during World War II: the liberation of Tunis in February - March 1943. The choice of this relatively short timeframe allows us to show all the key events in detail.

AFAIK there was no major city fighting during that time.

Now one can speculate that caused by the limitations of the ToW engine, that maybe (who knows) can not portrait city fighting in multi story buildings or large city areas, they limited the time frame...

Uwe

Hmmm, it would seem to be the case that the engine clearly can't accomodate representing complex urban engagemnets, hence the choice of time and theatre. This will severely limit what they're able to deal with in WWII if they're not able to overcome this. I'll pass on this one I think.

already read it somewhere...

Well it looks pretty, but I've got some grave misigivings about the ability of this title to simulate urban combat. All the buildings depicted look like hovels, what about major engagements such as those fought at the town of Tobruk? I don't see any way this title could deal with that. I was very disappointed witht he way TOW simply overlooked this and it still looks like this follow up title is reluctant or unable to deal with the complexity of urban combat. I'll pass thanks.

AFAIK, there were no urban fightings in Africa at all, there were just defensive lines, like Mareth Line, or Tobruk defences.

Btw, I'd like to see how will be the bunkers in Tow2.

already read it somewhere...

AFAIK, there were no urban fightings in Africa at all, there were just defensive lines, like Mareth Line, or Tobruk defences.

Btw, I'd like to see how will be the bunkers in Tow2.

There was, urban warefare wasn't as commonplace as in the European theatre, for obvious reasons, but it wasn't absent.