getting my butt handed to me using the T-34

ok, so im playing the early russian campaigns... and im constantly getting my butt kicked even tho ive got T-34's against panzer 2 (yeah i do meet better panzers, but the 2's are the ones that usually knock out my T-34's before they even see the other tanks)

i thought the T-34 was a little better than that!

is sloped armor not counted in this game or what?

the main problem is : on lower level setting the ballistic system is not realisic...i m wrong ?

I ve also noticed a too great assurancy to hit the target and abilities to spot...but we are obliged to play veteran if we want a realist technical data...the only solution is to reduce the skills of ennemies crews ! i m often angry when i saw my anti-tank gun hidden in bush spoted after only on shot on a panzer side at 400/500 meters...and destroy in one shot by a 37 mm ! it's even more frustrating with at rifles, they are often spotted by alone afv without infantry after one shot and immédialty killed

There are three difficulty levels (novice, regular, veteran). When the game was introduced full reality was obtained through veteran.

Since patch 1 or 2 this has been changed : full reality, including equal skills in spotting and firing is obtained through regular ; veteran now means full reality in terms of ballistics, panic and so on, plus a better ability of the AI-controlled enemy to spot and aim.

The latter makes up for scripting-induced limitations (i.e. the dumbness of AI). But it also explains why you may feel confronted to Übermenschen with laser aiming systems...

Personally, I play regular.

so many oustanding ennemies abilities are now explained...i was always playing veteran...ans i was often disapointed by this games. NOW my guns can really have a chance to destroy their target before to be destroyed theirselves after the first shot of the enemy tank !!! thank a lot for your enligthment !

• 1 year later...
There are three difficulty levels (novice, regular, veteran). When the game was introduced full reality was obtained through veteran.

Since patch 1 or 2 this has been changed : full reality, including equal skills in spotting and firing is obtained through regular ; veteran now means full reality in terms of ballistics, panic and so on, plus a better ability of the AI-controlled enemy to spot and aim.

The latter makes up for scripting-induced limitations (i.e. the dumbness of AI). But it also explains why you may feel confronted to Übermenschen with laser aiming systems...

Personally, I play regular.

Wait, do you mean if I play on Regular(I.e. without cheating AI), I will not get fully realistic simulations of ballistics and morale?

Been playing on Veteran myself too and was getting kinda confused as to why these ordinary German infantry soldiers would spot my hidden sniper so quickly as he was crawling towards'em.

Thanks for any reply!

No, regular means that you'll get the fully realistic simulation, morale and ballistics; while at the same time, the AI ennemy don't have the extra boost in spotting and aiming that they have in Veteran mode.

Basically:

Novice: fully realistic ballistics and so on; but your AI troopers have better spotting and aiming ability than the ennemy.

Regular: fully realistic ballistics and so on; with your troops having no extra advantage in spotting and aiming over the ennemy

Veteran: fully realistic ballistics and so on; but the ennemy AI have an extra advantage over you in spotting and aiming ability.