Palin: Iraq war 'a task that is from God'

FAI

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I admire McCain but could not, even if I were able to, vote for someone whose credentials are Mayor of a "city" of 8000 people, and Governor of Alaska. At 71 that is what votes for McCain means to me - I am electing Palin.

How about if she were a community organizer who spent a year in the Senate?

Mord.

I find it extremely worrying that this woman could quite easily be the leader of the most powerful country on earth.

Pastor Kalnins has also preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode."

I'm a believer but this is just... sheer insanity.

Yeah, I may have my own issues with Obama, but I think I'll stick with him.

Mord, how about saying he is a bit more than a community adviser

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he served as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for the U.S. Senate in January 2003. After a primary victory in March 2004, Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. He was elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70% of the vote.
Wiki

Lets see. Obviously over-qualified for the job of President but you Americans have the choice of two Palin[potential] or Obama. Tough choice.

Incidentally as global image goes can you imagine the kudos that would accrue to the US if it was shown as a true land of opportunity for all. Of course showing that billionaire McCain can get elected with a women from the boonies will not go down so well. Still if it gives two fingers to the rest of the world then that is a McCain/Palin bonus vote catcher.

BTW I find it hard to see how having the Republicans in power long enough to orchestrate this current economic cataclysm means they should be rewarded with more chances to help their buddies. Still its none of my business if the worlds most economically powerful country is run to suit the oil and armaments industry and the wealthy.

It is wonderful that democracy has such a showcase : )

Sorry, Obama seems like a tool to me.

It is OK that he has no military savvy...wonder why he continues to speak on military issues...as if he has a clue.

For somebody to enter in an simply say, no more War and our troops will be pulled out in X months, seems ludicrous to me.

Why does he not wait till he is informed on such issues before he starts making (inaccurate, false) statements.

Politian's are all the same.

They are all bad!

We can only see the bad things that they do and no good is found in them.

So why bother trying to convince others that he or she is a good person?

Obama is going to save the world!

Sorry, Obama seems like a tool to me.

It is OK that he has no military savvy...wonder why he continues to speak on military issues...as if he has a clue.

I don't know mate.

Bush seems to speak on most issue but i bet he doesn't understand most of them.Has he ever been a banker or a stock broker?He is advised on things he knows nothing about.As is Obama as is McCain.

I had this discussion on another board where the the general opinion was McCain is better the Obama because he has served.When i asked about this strange obsession with Ex military guys i was told that as the Prez is the head of the armed forces and is responsible for deploying them then he should have served so he knows what its like to fight.Which to me is a pile of crap.

Isn't constitutional law what really matters for presidential candidates? How can Obama have no experience if he was a professor of constitutional law and wrote for the Harvard Law Review? Has there ever been such a gap between the level of intelligence between the candidates?

Nonono - you miss the point. W is the model for the future Leader of the Western World, and the more ignorant the better.:rolleyes:

Why does he not wait till he is informed on such issues before he starts making (inaccurate, false) statements.

Well that fiscal genius Bush has been speaking on money matters again.

I don't know how he managed to fit learning about financial matters while at the same time patriotically defending the USA against the threat of Vietnamese Fighters and Bombers. :D

I don't think many have a problem with a believer in the White House. But when a Believer is on a mission from god that's when they are scary, because that means they closed the door on rational argument. Whatever the other side has to say, the believer pushes their agenda because God wills it. Drown out the cries of the dying:"Deus vult! Deus vult!"

Is there any reason why GOD should scare you?

Well I can tell you, yes the missions from God would Scare anybody who is not in the mission itself.

If you see GOD coming your way...be afraid be very afraid!

I think it Great.

God might place a women in office to teach the world a better place.

Mans agenda or Gods agenda, who are you scared of???

You think God is going to mess it up any more than we have?