v.1.10 Preview Possible?

Is there any interest on the part of BFC in posting the bug fixes that v.1.10 will bring to the fore prior to the update's release?

This could be a valuable way to garner broad, last-minute feedback from the community with the added benefit of allowing time to implement any potential suggestions.

Obviously, BFC would maintain their design schedule, filter suggestions and assign priorities, however this kind of pre-release communication could provide a great opportunity to get some useful distance from the work and further open the door for any "good-catch" moments from the customer base.

Here are a few things I would welcome fixes for in v.1.10:

• M1's will not use their main guns when executing an "Area Fire" command when targeting open terrain or unidentified targets.
  • Infantry cannot execute a "Face" command while "Hiding."
  • AFV guns do not realign to a paralell position with the hull of the vehicle after engaging steeply angled targets.

Any thoughts?

No, its Steelbeast Pro Personal edition thats having a major update soon, was supposed to be released this summer but the Spanish army ****ed up the deadline so its postponed to sometime this winter.

Ssnake talked about SB2 as something in a few years, that I belive when i see it, been in SB community since 2001 and SB2 was supposed to be released "soon"... we got Personal Edition meantime as a fill in, wich im happy over :)

The Steel Beasts list is somewhat similar to what I have in mind - thanks

for the example.

I am curious about the utility of adding a "preview" phase in the patch cycle whereby a more-or-less specific list of bug fixes is presented to the community for feedback. Again, the key piece being that BFC would remain in the driver's seat of the "user comment" process.

Currently, issues are reported across the forum and then disappear from view perhaps to resurface after the update is released. Could an intermediate phase be useful in this process?

For all of the diversions a game community brings, it can also be a valuable asset if tapped into appropriately. I see the customer base as more than a source of revenue, but also a wider source of ideas and a bulwark against insularity.

Well, you know an idea has legs when the thread is dominated by off-topic, late-evening-posting Swedes and your own rambling.:D

Can I at least get some love for this part?:P

Here are a few things I would welcome fixes for in v.1.10:

• M1's will not use their main guns when executing an "Area Fire" command when targeting open terrain or unidentified targets.
  • Infantry cannot execute a "Face" command while "Hiding."
  • AFV guns do not realign to a paralell position with the hull of the vehicle after engaging steeply angled targets.

Piecekeeper:

No problem, I actually thought it was pretty funny.

I am beginning to develop a warped sense of pride in reporting issues and making suggestions that, apparently, only I find nettlesome or helpful.:)

Bonxa:

I agree with hoolaman, don't be shy about posting any bugs you are encountering. Otherwise, you will be left waiting several months for the next patch release to find out if they can be addressed - better to report them now and let BFC make the call.

Poking into the dark corners of the game and giving our feedback to the developers whether it regards "gamebreaking" or "minor aesthetic" issues is one way the community can help the game reach its full potential.

I simply wish there was a way to better close/update the information loop between when an issue is reported and when/if it is to be corrected in a given patch.

In any event, there is a lot of great, new stuff in store for us with v.1.10. I can only hope that some of the outstanding, old issues on my "cannot-lead-a-fulfilled-life-until-this-is-fixed" list have been tended to as well. What do you have to cajole these guys with to get them to cater to your personal whims?:D