Movie Theaters

volfrahm

After seeing Tropic Thunder I wondered just how messed up the film industry really is. Anyone know when the movie studios started taking an 80 percent cut in ticket sales? Why are 'independent' films so hard to find on the big screen? Could a theater owner easily lease an independent film, or is it on some long waiting list? Why aren't there well known coops in the movie theater industry? For instance, why couldn't a bunch of avant-garde professors in artsy stuff have their own theater? Is the cost of a theater really that high?

I have not seen this movie yet, but was wondering why no one had stated the obvious that it is basically a 'Three Amigos' remake.

Am I off on this or what? 3 actors are placed into a live situation that they somehow think is a movie shoot? Just a different time and place. Another version will appear with 3 other guys (or girls) in another 20 years I suppose.

All the racist and handicap protesting has me interested as well, but that's what THEY want.

PS - should I go see it, or wait for it to pop up on the web?

I have not seen this movie yet, but was wondering why no one had stated the obvious that it is basically a 'Three Amigos' remake.

Am I off on this or what? 3 actors are placed into a live situation that they somehow think is a movie shoot? Just a different time and place. Another version will appear with 3 other guys (or girls) in another 20 years I suppose.

you mean like a bug's life?